OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was probably the fastest recap/ catch back up I could have wished for haha. Can't believe the house and move is not done yet. Totally crazy
Yeah, nothing exciting to really report until all that is done. You didn't miss much.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My giant Bali has a tumor
PXL_20230521_131039660.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the skimmer, it hasn't been on in ages anyway.

Setting up replacement nero now (firmware updates). Fingers crossed this fixes it and it's not actually the old one messed up by being stronger than it's supposed to be lol

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's important to note that the last photo was not a result of great timing. He was sleeping like that, the *eyes open & rolled back* move is common here.
My dog does the same thing

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's important to note that the last photo was not a result of great timing. He was sleeping like that, the *eyes open & rolled back* move is common here.
It really bugs me for some reason when dogs sleep with their eyes open. It’s just creeps me out. lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really bugs me for some reason when dogs sleep with their eyes open. It’s just creeps me out. lol
What's really disruptive is when he does it without rolling them back and you can't tell he's asleep

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Danieyella do you think I could get away with some softies in acro territory? I’m trying to add movement to an area where mostly sticks or other sps will be, and the only lps I’ve thought about or have been suggested that would work with movement have been gonis/alves or torches. The area circled is about a foot and a half but placement can also be anywhere else
1684805545009.jpeg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Danieyella do you think I could get away with some softies in acro territory? I’m trying to add movement to an area where mostly sticks or other sps will be, and the only lps I’ve thought about or have been suggested that would work with movement have been gonis/alves or torches. The area circled is about a foot and a half but placement can also be anywhere else
1684805545009.jpeg
In terms of the leathers doing well there, yeah for sure - light and flow are kinda their things.... The new question becomes how well do the sps do that close quarters with the softies? I had a few sps in with my softies in the bigger cade, but I tried to be diligent with carbon changing especially considering I didn't do water changes. Have you considered photosynthetic gorgs? I would avoid nonphotosynthetic - the extra feed for them contrasts with the preferences of most acros, but I'd think the photosynthetic would be fine there and together. Personally, I will always pick softies over acros.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of the leathers doing well there, yeah for sure - light and flow are kinda their things.... The new question becomes how well do the sps do that close quarters with the softies? I had a few sps in with my softies in the bigger cade, but I tried to be diligent with carbon changing especially considering I didn't do water changes. Have you considered photosynthetic gorgs? I would avoid nonphotosynthetic - the extra feed for them contrasts with the preferences of most acros, but I'd think the photosynthetic would be fine there and together. Personally, I will always pick softies over acros.
I’m currently dosing carbon and will be planning to continue to dose carbon especially once I add softies to keep toxins under measure.

I guess I could do photosynthetic ones

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently dosing carbon and will be planning to continue to dose carbon especially once I add softies to keep toxins under measure.

I just threw a photo at you, on the wrong thread. I'm tired.

"You can see a few sps tucked in... on the right with the neon green nepthea and green sinularia theres some kind of acro in between the two on the upper rock. There's also an encrusting monti orange a little lower over there, and a purple milka stylo closer to the center... and another acro smushed against that hairy mushroom. It's doable. But, you can also see alll those photosynthetic gorgs everywhere that are less risky."
1684806441948.png

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just threw a photo at you, on the wrong thread. I'm tired.

"You can see a few sps tucked in... on the right with the neon green nepthea and green sinularia theres some kind of acro in between the two on the upper rock. There's also an encrusting monti orange a little lower over there, and a purple milka stylo closer to the center... and another acro smushed against that hairy mushroom. It's doable. But, you can also see alll those photosynthetic gorgs everywhere that are less risky."
1684806441948.png
No worries I saw it either way. Thx for the help!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm a big proponent of taking the risks as long as you understand them and can deal with the consequences if it doesn't work out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back