Cade Pro Reef 600 S2

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m back in the hobby after a few years away. After doing numerous online searches and lots of visits to my LFS looking at tanks and equipment, I decided on getting the Cade Pro Reef 600 S2. I love the look of these tanks and I think the overall quality is impeccable.
The tank currently has about 20kg of rock scape, fish so far is 2 clowns, coral beauty and a lawnmower blenny, a lot of snails and hermits for cuc. I’m looking at having a mixed reef being mainly LPS dominant but want to add some SPS eventually, hopefully in the next couple weeks I will be adding a few corals.
I'm hoping to run this setup as simple as possible if I can, but time will tell as it matures I guess.

Tank: CADE Pro Reef 600 S2
Sump: CADE sump included
Stand: CADE Aluminium/ glass stand included
Lid: OEM CADE lid
Lights: Ecotech Marine Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Wavemaker: AI Nero 3, Nero 5 coming soon
Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra S2
Skimmer: Mantis Tornado 150
ATO: Built-in gravity ATO
Live Rock: Marco
Heating: Aqua one 200W, Reef Factory Thermo View
Dosing Pump: N/A
Salt: Quantum Reef Essentials Mixed Macro
RO/DI: Aquatic Life RO Classic 4 Stage
Bio Media: Poly Lab Genesis Rock
Reactor: N/A

3FC5F5F3-9EC8-42BD-A03E-B2F58EADCA72.jpeg

Last edited:

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful scape! Well thought out with it sloping front to back. Plenty of well placed shelves at different heights. Negative space giving it extra dimension and depth. Caves, arches, hiding spots, and open ocean floor. Even left some space between the glass to get the scraper in comfortably. This is a perfect scape!

I like the stand too, super clean look. Is that a glass door on the front, Or just a high sheen finish?

Can we see whats under the hood of this hot rod?

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful scape! Well thought out with it sloping front to back. Plenty of well placed shelves at different heights. Negative space giving it extra dimension and depth. Caves, arches, hiding spots, and open ocean floor. Even left some space between the glass to get the scraper in comfortably. This is a perfect scape!

I like the stand too, super clean look. Is that a glass door on the front, Or just a high sheen finish?

Can we see whats under the hood of this hot rod?
Thankyou! :)
I wanted a scape that had multiple platforms at different heights with lots of places for the fish to roam around and hide in, as well as having plenty of open sand bed space. The cabinet is aluminium with 3 glass doors, the left and centre doors open allowing access to the sump from 2 sides which is fantastic, and the right door opens and contains the built in 8 plug powerboard on a panel which you also attach controllers to etc.
The sump comes with 3 media containers which I have some carbon and poly filter in, then there's the skimmer, 2 bio blocks and the pump. So it's pretty basic under the hood atm lol.
Pics to come!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet/sump left hand, centre, right hand and all doors open. The tank is only a few weeks old and I haven’t managed to sort the cabling how I want it yet, I’m OCD and it does my head in atm lol. Over the Xmas break I’ll have lots of time to sort everything out.

0317A26A-83B5-4F8D-87FE-AC988560318D.jpeg B56D19DC-5679-4A88-BD5E-9340B7EF7B02.jpeg 924B8A2F-A19C-4FCD-8EB7-F1787D92D09F.jpeg BA24CA3F-2A79-4DA7-96F1-62868FC013B3.jpeg

Last edited:

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet/sump left hand, centre, right hand and all doors open. The tank is only a few weeks old and I haven’t managed to sort the cabling how I want it yet, I’m OCD and it does my head in atm lol. Over the Xmas break I’ll have lots of time to sort everything out.
looks great!! I really like the control board! Super clean again. I’m battling with cable management right now too. Following your progress on this amazing nano

VanJoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m back in the hobby after a few years away. After doing numerous online searches and lots of visits to my LFS looking at tanks and equipment, I decided on getting the Cade Pro Reef 600 S2. I love the look of these tanks and I think the overall quality is impeccable.
The tank currently has about 20kg of rock scape, fish so far is 2 clowns, coral beauty and a lawnmower blenny, a lot of snails and hermits for cuc. I’m looking at having a mixed reef being mainly LPS dominant but want to add some SPS eventually, hopefully in the next couple weeks I will be adding a few corals.
I'm hoping to run this setup as simple as possible if I can, but time will tell as it matures I guess.

Tank: CADE Pro Reef 600 S2
Sump: CADE sump included
Stand: CADE Aluminium/ glass stand included
Lid: OEM CADE lid
Lights: Ecotech Marine Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Wavemaker: AI Nero 3, Nero 5 coming soon
Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra S2
Skimmer: Mantis Tornado 150
ATO: Built-in gravity ATO
Live Rock: Marco
Heating: Aqua one 200W, Reef Factory Thermo View
Dosing Pump: N/A
Salt: Quantum Reef Essentials Mixed Macro
RO/DI: Aquatic Life RO Classic 4 Stage
Bio Media: Poly Lab Genesis Rock
Reactor: N/A

3FC5F5F3-9EC8-42BD-A03E-B2F58EADCA72.jpeg

Looking forward for this tank to arrive too.

I know you have a different light and mount than I will have (Hydra 64) but did yours set up ok? I saw a few comments out there on how in the back there is actually a baffle between the drain and ato sections and it can get in the way of mounting some light brackets right in the middle.

How do you like the "Reef Factory Thermo View"?

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great 'scape. I really like the side to side tunnel.
Thanks! :)

Looking forward for this tank to arrive too.

I know you have a different light and mount than I will have (Hydra 64) but did yours set up ok? I saw a few comments out there on how in the back there is actually a baffle between the drain and ato sections and it can get in the way of mounting some light brackets right in the middle.

How do you like the "Reef Factory Thermo View"?
The light set up fine but yeah the weir/ato baffle is right in the middle so the light is slightly off centre but it's not really noticeable. The thermo view is great I'm really liking it, I just set my low and high tank temps and it sends me an alarm notification if it goes below or above those temps. The unit also has an internal alarm so if you're at home you'll here it, plus I just like how you can check the tank temp on the app easy any time anywhere. I even have it on my work computer using the reef factory website lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did some long awaited cable management today and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

Firstly I attached six 4” hook velcro adhesive strips to the control board, I want everything to be able to be easily removable and adjustable. This stuff sticks so good that I had a bit of work to do when I needed to adjust one.
326B53CF-3956-4DA2-820D-FAF25CE12A7A.jpeg

Then I installed a plastic cable management tray, all the controllers and the bricks. Everything has pile velcro adhesive attached to the backs so I can easily attach them anywhere on the board.
C0DDF32A-F252-42E6-8D48-8E624A02BC4B.jpeg

7905DC32-7CA1-44B5-ABA9-0BB3279CAA05.jpeg

Next I removed the inside metal power board cover as it was annoying me, the cabinet was tight enough but now there is more room. I put a strip of Velcro on the wall to be able to attach the excess cables to. If I add a doser in the future I’ll reassess reinstalling the cover.
3AC0BFE9-0F29-4B4D-913D-7F226684E945.jpeg

I bundled up the excess cables with Velcro strips and attached them to the wall. Now everything is neat and tidy and even tho it took a few hours to do, I’m pretty happy with the final result.
ABD7E8B1-76F1-4F98-BCEA-F58D99E890B4.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then there was light! I added an LED strip along the front and left side of the cabinets interior frame, it makes a huge difference!
D9F4A8E5-727F-4B4A-A980-F1D03965AB83.jpeg

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back