Calcium Reactor - Decisions Decisions!!!

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all...

I’d like to try out a calcium reactor and having trouble deciding as there are so many options. Current tank is 200 gallons of water running SPS dominant but have plans to expand later when we buy a new house in a few years.

Right now I’m currently torn between a new Vertex or a used PM CR622 Calcium Reactor
PM EF1 Effluent Chamber with Sicce Syncra 1.5 Pump.

I’d love some folks opinions!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all...

I’d like to try out a calcium reactor and having trouble deciding as there are so many options. Current tank is 200 gallons of water running SPS dominant but have plans to expand later when we buy a new house in a few years.

Right now I’m currently torn between a new Vertex or a used PM CR622 Calcium Reactor
PM EF1 Effluent Chamber with Sicce Syncra 1.5 Pump.

I’d love some folks opinions!

I'm partial to the PMCR622 but have no experience with the Vertex.

I believe Simon @ca1ore has some experience with different models and might chime in here.

YES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m upgrading right now and not sure if I should dose or get a calcium reactor?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Simon @ca1ore has some experience with different models and might chime in here.

I’m a 20 year CaRx user, but always the same unit, a MTC ProCal, so cannot speak to either unit under consideration, sorry. There’s a chap selling one on ManhattanReefs if you want to broaden your options. Hard for me to not recommend the ProCal since it’s lasted me two decades (though I have modified it over time). At the end of the day, they’re not all that complicated so I’d judge build quality to be a top selection criterion.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fire up a calcium reactor at a very slow rate. I was running mine when I had 0.3 dkh daily demand. You just run slow effluent and bubble rates. I'm running a Carbon Doser regulator, but my next regulator will be by Alan Le. He's got some threads about building your own, and also sells complete units with all top shelf components.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fire up a calcium reactor at a very slow rate. I was running mine when I had 0.3 dkh daily demand. You just run slow effluent and bubble rates. I'm running a Carbon Doser regulator, but my next regulator will be by Alan Le. He's got some threads about building your own, and also sells complete units with all top shelf components.

Where does he sell the units? I’m currently working on securing a good regulator.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with either you listed. I run a Geo unit on my tank and have been very happy with it and the customer service. Just another choice if you're open to others. Good luck and enjoy whichever one you choose. I can vouch for a good dual stage regulator from Alan Le. I use one as well. JP

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with either you listed. I run a Geo unit on my tank and have been very happy with it and the customer service. Just another choice if you're open to others. Good luck and enjoy whichever one you choose. I can vouch for a good dual stage regulator from Alan Le. I use one as well. JP

I was looking at GEO’s today and went for a Geo 624!

Where can I get one of these Alan Le regulators?

Thanks!

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Alan le posts on here or you can contact him on Facebook. Iv heard nothing but good things about his regulators

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Milwaukee for my CaRx. The switching outlet can be plugged into an apex outlet to cycle the solenoid without turning off the display. Can also have a second level of pH control.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back