Calling all Reefing Gamers Here!! or ( Gaming Reefers ;) )

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to play a lot of league of legends and took a break for a while. I recently started playing very casually again. I also played overwatch while I was taking a break from league, and other random steam games. Risk of rain, starbound, and shadow of mordor, and torchlight 2 are some of my favorites.

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dark souls 3 currently, Mario Odyssey is great.. also Stardew Valley if I want to just relax. Diablo 2 if I want to be hit in the nostalgia.
I'd like to get into League of Legends again though.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it sounds bad. Nothing against Asians. But if you're living in Asia playing on a US server, you get a ping advantage. I've tried going to the Asian servers for the ping advantage but it's all hacks. Very frustrating.

LOL, what? There is a serious lack of knowledge in regard to "ping" (latency) here.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, what? There is a serious lack of knowledge in regard to "ping" (latency) here.
Oh ok. I reread my post. Ping advantage doesnt mean their ping increases. It means they take advantage of having a low ping. Higher latency causes higher pinged players to slow down and the lower ping player to look like hes moving 3 fps. It's a term used a lot in PC gaming.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ping is the measurement of time that it takes an echo request to hit the target and return. The greater the distance between you (console, PC, etc.) and the target (in this case, the game server), the greater (more time) the ping (you want to lower the ping, not increase). There is no way around this, great distance equals higher ping. There are no advantages to using a server on another continent in regard to ping.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havnt gamed in several years now. But I was into halo 3, the Cod games like modern warfare 2 and black ops. Loved the bouncing bettys! The most recent game I enjoyed was gtav. That game was beautifully done.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS4: RollTideRev

Really loving Fortnite.

:p

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which shooters?

Last one I spent any time with was Division but it isn't exactly a dedicated shooter though that is all we used it for (PvP only). Was hard to like the game because there wasnt much PvPing happening in zone. Quakes, Battlefield, CODs, and Overwatch the past couple years though.

PS4: RollTideRev

Really loving Fortnite.

:p

Tried this one for a few nights but couldnt stick with it. Some matches were great but most were a snore fest waiting for the final minutes of action.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last one I spent any time with was Division but it isn't exactly a dedicated shooter though that is all we used it for (PvP only). Was hard to like the game because there wasnt much PvPing happening in zone. Quakes, Battlefield, CODs, and Overwatch the past couple years though.
Well if you played any COD then you would be familiar with lag switches and high ping hacks. The only difference is in pubg you dont need a hack for lag or ping advantages, the player can pick the region. Regions aren't locked. Its a flaw and the developers are working to fix it.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havnt gamed in several years now. But I was into halo 3, the Cod games like modern warfare 2 and black ops. Loved the bouncing bettys! The most recent game I enjoyed was gtav. That game was beautifully done.

GTA V has endless fun with friends. The new modes and new co-op they added was an awesome touch.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you played any COD then you would be familiar with lag switches and high ping hacks. The only difference is in pubg you dont need a hack for lag or ping advantages, the player can pick the region. Regions aren't locked. Its a flaw and the developers are working to fix it.

Lag switches work by inducing packet loss vice latency.

GTA V has endless fun with friends. The new modes and new co-op they added was an awesome touch.

I've wanted to pick this one up for a long time but I've spent all my free time playing other games. Looks like it has some cool content though.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be the weird one here, but I hate online games, the only one I could ever get into was wow and I still got annoyed with other players lol. I like to play by myself at my own pace. I love love love skryim, and I played the crap out of oblivion before that, but even though I have elder scrolls online, I have yet to even open it lol. Now that I am not at work every waking second I have started to play some of the games that have been collecting dust on the shelf. Lately I've been working my way through fallout on the Xbox one, but I am getting bored with it so I am planning on starting breath of the wild after my son goes to bed tonight. We have the ps4, the switch, and snes in the bedroom so sometimes I'll kick my husband's butt at some Mario kart before bed lol.

Come play Elder Scrolls Online with me!!!!!

penguin11776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on PS4 let me know. Playing mostly overwatch, fortnite and killing floor 2!

Psn: Penguin1176

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back