Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Remember when our teachers told us we couldn’t use calculators because we wouldn’t be walking around with them? Ha!
 
Remember when our teachers told us we couldn’t use calculators because we wouldn’t be walking around with them? Ha!
Little did they know what we know now.
 
Remember when our teachers told us we couldn’t use calculators because we wouldn’t be walking around with them? Ha!
You had calculators in school???
 
Just a few pictures from the LFS yesterday.
20240219_160632.jpg
20240219_160606.jpg
20240219_160600.jpg
20240219_160551.jpg
20240219_160523.jpg
20240219_160704.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20240219_160606.jpg
    20240219_160606.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 73
And here is a picture of my sump and hard plumbing that my husband and stepson put in today. Let's hope nothing leaks when we start it up tomorrow!
 

Attachments

  • 20240220_185526.jpg
    20240220_185526.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20240220_185518.jpg
    20240220_185518.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20240220_185536.jpg
    20240220_185536.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20240220_193906.jpg
    20240220_193906.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20240220_193911.jpg
    20240220_193911.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 75
Planning any new purchases?
Planning lots of them once I know the tank is safe. I really liked the tiny clownfish they had and the Goby even though I'm not 100% sure what kind he was. He was very curious and seemed like he was watching me as I watched him.
 
I can't tell from the video on your sump. How deep is the water? Around 8"?
First chamber is 8 the others are 6 and I have the return pump setting on the lowest speed.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new