Can anyone help me

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pagerone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pagerone

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2016
Messages
143
Reaction score
104
Location
Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I got a new coral today and this was in the bag when I got it home not sure what it is and why it was on the coral
 
He is in my hospital tank for now until I see what I should do with him should I put him in the main tank
 
image.jpeg
I got a new coral today and this was in the bag when I got it home not sure what it is and why it was on the coral
Is it all black or have stripes? I wonder if it isn't a tiger serpent sea star. I have one and i couldn't be happier with how much it has grown amd been a model citizen. If it is a micro brittle star, its a good star to have. Either way they are safe. I've heard stories of serpent stars eating fish, but it's rare. And to minimalize the chance i like to feed him.
 
I have the same and does not harm any livestock. I see it when there is a sudden change in salinity.
 
Will it multiple? I seen a video on them and a guy have like 100 that came out of the rocks when the lights go off lol
 
A healthy reef tanks doesnt balance the lives of a handful of fish..........it's thousands of lives. Your goal is to make a complete eco system... and yup these are part of it.

and course it will multiply likely a few dozen in there already.
 
Yeah typically I have a lot in my established tanks. They readily spawn/broadcast right after water changes, it has something to do with the change in water chemistry. I have had ones get as large as a silver dollar, tip of tentacle to tentacle.
 
That is for sure a serpent sea star. Great cleaner and very cool to watch when it walks around at night. Usually when lights dim down. Nice free hitchhiker
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new