Can I support a Frogspawn?

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my research and found that with the placement in my tank from the surface and the PAR readings of my light (Current USA orbit marine), the frogspawn would receive anywhere from 80-100 PAR. Is there anyone who has tried this (or any other euphyllia corals) with the same light setup?

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170520_142941.jpg

I run cheap Chinese 90 watt total led that go 6ft long if I can grow it anyone can.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Euphelia under a very varied amount of lighting in different spots in my tank. some as high as 350. the lowest is 150. all areas seem to grow incredibly well. with acclimation, they can handle the higher lights. However, you are on the Low end in my opinion.

OP
OP
beyer

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Euphelia under a very varied amount of lighting in different spots in my tank. some as high as 350. the lowest is 150. all areas seem to grow incredibly well. with acclimation, they can handle the higher lights. However, you are on the Low end in my opinion.

I know I'm lower than the ideal PAR of Euphyllia but I was just wondering if they would remain alive and grow slowly with my PAR on my orbit marine.

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not doubt I'm lower then you are in par. Min have been thriving for 4 months and the colors are better then the lfs where I got them from.

Photon_Anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have money to spend on crazy lights look into the marsaqua stuff. They are cheap and will grow literally anything exceptionally well.

Nemo's Buddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same light as you. My tank is a 40 breeder and I have a frogspawn and a torch near the bottom. They started as one head and now are over 10 in a years time. The current orbit marine light works great in a shallower tank. I even have acros at the top doing very well. I get great color from the light. The growth is on the slower end. Great light for the price!

OP
OP
beyer

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same light as you. My tank is a 40 breeder and I have a frogspawn and a torch near the bottom. They started as one head and now are over 10 in a years time. The current orbit marine light works great in a shallower tank. I even have acros at the top doing very well. I get great color from the light. The growth is on the slower end. Great light for the price!

Do you have the basic orbit marine or do you have the pro? I have the basic on a 28 gallon tank that's 18" deep. I would place the frogspawn at about 8" from the surface.

Back