0   0   0
IMG_4683.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it did not come with a name and a lineage back to the namer (papers), then it does not have one. Feel free to name it whatever you want.

If you get a more realistic photo under some 14k (ish) lighting, then I might be able to give you a species name. For now, Acropora Plana is about as good as I can come up with. A. Plana has wonderful colors and often three or four different colors in the same piece. They usually look good under white light and need no trick or RB LEDs.

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it did not come with a name and a lineage back to the namer (papers), then it does not have one. Feel free to name it whatever you want.

If you get a more realistic photo under some 14k (ish) lighting, then I might be able to give you a species name. For now, Acropora Plana is about as good as I can come up with. A. Plana has wonderful colors and often three or four different colors in the same piece. They usually look good under white light and need no trick or RB LEDs.

Ok awesome, if I get to name it, then its gunna be Purple Nerdgasm. :p

I took another photo with the whites on my Kessils turned up... as you'll see the color isn't that different under full white... this piece is awesome, hence why I wanna frag it!

IMG_4736.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still going with A. Plana. I have a few pieces that have 4 colors. It could be A. Nasuta too. Both can really make this current craze of A. Tenuis under RB LED look foolish.

Just sell/trade it as the RN Purple Nerdgasm... that works. That is a good name.

It reminds me a bit of Atlantis Crayola Plana and also Reefer Madness Rainbow Nasuta. You would remember if it was either of these since they are very old, hard to find and sometimes quite expensive... the kind that you don't forget. Don't sell this one as either of these since you cannot overcome this kind of bad karma, but you can check them out on Google and see if you think A. Plana or A. Nasuta is close.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 170 73.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back