Can't wait to start this journey!!

ammonijjar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Nice to meet you all! I am soon to enter the wonderful world of Marine aquatics, coming from a background (many moons ago) of tropical fish. So far I have purchased a 37l (10gal) quarantine tank and will be getting a 240l (70gal) tank in approx 2 months (room is almost ready and wifey has sanctioned it all, woop woop!)

I will initially be setting up a FOWLR tank in mind to potentially (read as mos def!) diverge into corals but all in good time, talking a year into the journey.

I am looking at this list of fish:
*Pair clowns
**royal blue tang
Orchid dottyback
Coral beauty
Flame angel
*3 x pajama cardinal
2 x banngai cardinal
*Firefish goby
Neon goby
*Royal gramma
Blue/green chromis
Watchman goby

Now, I know this is too much for a 70gal, but this is the list I will most likely choose from, the * I really want and the ** the missus wants (I know from reading all your wonderful posts/replies it won't be good for the long term, but potentially keep for as long as we can and donate after the fact).

My question is this: of these fish, which would you recommend and what order to add them in? (Again I am aware of the length of time to add and will be adding over the course of year 1, and bear in mind reef safe potentially).

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Ammo

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! A general rule of thumb when adding fish is to start with the least aggressive and work up from there - of course, I have been know to be partial to clownfish! :)

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Nice to meet you all! I am soon to enter the wonderful world of Marine aquatics, coming from a background (many moons ago) of tropical fish. So far I have purchased a 37l (10gal) quarantine tank and will be getting a 240l (70gal) tank in approx 2 months (room is almost ready and wifey has sanctioned it all, woop woop!)

I will initially be setting up a FOWLR tank in mind to potentially (read as mos def!) diverge into corals but all in good time, talking a year into the journey.

I am looking at this list of fish:
*Pair clowns
**royal blue tang
Orchid dottyback
Coral beauty
Flame angel
*3 x pajama cardinal
2 x banngai cardinal
*Firefish goby
Neon goby
*Royal gramma
Blue/green chromis
Watchman goby

Now, I know this is too much for a 70gal, but this is the list I will most likely choose from, the * I really want and the ** the missus wants (I know from reading all your wonderful posts/replies it won't be good for the long term, but potentially keep for as long as we can and donate after the fact).

My question is this: of these fish, which would you recommend and what order to add them in? (Again I am aware of the length of time to add and will be adding over the course of year 1, and bear in mind reef safe potentially).

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Ammo
Hello and welcome .
Sounds like you have a wonderful plan together .
I would try not to upset the wife but try to avoid adding the blue tang until you have a setup for it .
( or …. Use it as a excuse for a future upgrade build )
Continue with your research and planning .
knowing what you want in the end always makes it easier to plan

don’t hesitate to ask for help along the way

dcsorrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Someone said add from least to most aggressive, and I agree. Another thing you and the missus might do is rank the fish you want from most to least. That way you can, if you want, cull from the list the least important ones and make sure the others have room to grow. Enjoy the process!

Back