OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to order a pair of Blue Mandarins. Would it be possible to have them shipped on either December 14th or 15th?
Yes. The best way to insure this happens is to Email [email protected] With your name, Order number, and preferred ship day. He will make sure it ships on the proper day.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price + shipping please?
The price of one is $99 on our retail website, link below, and shipping is calculated based on where you are shipping to. Most of the time its under $30. We do offer free shipping on orders of $150 or more. If you wanted to get a pair of Mandarins, retail $209, then shipping would be free.

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The best way to insure this happens is to Email [email protected] With your name, Order number, and preferred ship day. He will make sure it ships on the proper day.
How often do you recommend feeding the mandarins?
I got one In the mail last Tuesday and she is the cutest thing. I’ve feeding her a mixture of live baby brine shrimp, Can O’ Cyclops, and freeze dried (calanus) pods. I do believe she picks at pods on her own but my tank is only 45 gal and has a wrasse so that will definitely not be enough.
Someone replied to a previous thread suggesting 6 times daily. Is this what you recommend?
Here she is

16ABED3E-BA37-4176-A471-B049EAA7787E.jpeg 25A44364-7CFD-488D-B30F-4DF4CB5626F5.jpeg C0459BB8-6AE2-49CF-ABE4-60B0562A7DE2.jpeg

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you recommend feeding the mandarins?
I got one In the mail last Tuesday and she is the cutest thing. I’ve feeding her a mixture of live baby brine shrimp, Can O’ Cyclops, and freeze dried (calanus) pods. I do believe she picks at pods on her own but my tank is only 45 gal and has a wrasse so that will definitely not be enough.
Someone replied to a previous thread suggesting 6 times daily. Is this what you recommend?
Here she is

16ABED3E-BA37-4176-A471-B049EAA7787E.jpeg 25A44364-7CFD-488D-B30F-4DF4CB5626F5.jpeg C0459BB8-6AE2-49CF-ABE4-60B0562A7DE2.jpeg
Hey @djryan2000,

The more feedings the bigger your little girl will get. That being said, we feed our Mandarins three times a day at the facility.

Mkvc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm planning on ordering a pair from y'all today - what's your shipping/DOA policy? Can't seem to find one on your website

Thanks!

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have posted a few times here. I am little over a month with the Mandarin pair from Biota. I actually ended up with 2 males, but my tank is big enough for them. Its understandably hard to sex them that small. at any rate, they are in a 150 with with lots of bigger active fish. I squirt a little TDO B2 pellets around their hangout once a day. i have also supplemented my pods with some from algae barn. i have a 20 gallon refugium chock full of pods that was running over a year before the mandarins. i have had a six line and melanarus wrasse in the tank for a long time prior to the mandarins, so i hardly ever seen any pods in the display. Conservatively the fish have grown very fast. They have probably doubled in weight in a month. At first they were very shy, but i see them all over the tank even combing the back glass all the way to the top looking for food. All the other fish ignore them, even the six line.

I have been in the hobby for over 25 years and can remember when keeping these fish long term was next to impossible, and then only with a lot of trouble. Biota seems to have solved that issue, as mine are doing great with little extra help from me.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm planning on ordering a pair from y'all today - what's your shipping/DOA policy? Can't seem to find one on your website

Thanks!
Shipping is FedEx Priority Overnight. We have a DOA Policy is a 24 Hours arrive alive guarantee. We are putting it up on the website as we speak.

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping is FedEx Priority Overnight. We have a DOA Policy is a 24 Hours arrive alive guarantee. We are putting it up on the website as we speak.
I’ve looked up signs of them not being healthy and everything I see says to look for the rib cage. Do you have any advice to watch for the health / make sure they’re eating enough? How long will it take for the mandarin to see signs?

dmmitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been warned that the Rock Flower Anemones (2) in my Nuvo 10 gallon could eat the small Mandarins at the size received. Any others share the concern? Or will they be OK?

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been warned that the Rock Flower Anemones (2) in my Nuvo 10 gallon could eat the small Mandarins at the size received. Any others share the concern? Or will they be OK?
I think this is one of those things that could happen. is it likely? Id say, no. I think the bigger your rock anemones are the greater the risk, but a mandarin is not dumb and isn't going to mindlessly wander in to one if it can avoid it.

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 were put into a 75g with about 15 rock anemones of varying sizes (some up to 4 inches) and didn't have a problem but I guess it could be if you had bad luck. Mine seemed to purposely avoid the area where all the nems were.

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In my main display, i had a large RBTA as well as 4 rock anmomes. My Mandarin has grown to her adult size without issue. And in my girlfriend’s nano, we have small RBTAs, and 3 rock anemones. Her mandarin has been fine in there for 6 months. Both were purchased from
Algae Barn (Biota supplied).

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my main display, i had a large RBTA as well as 4 rock anmomes. My Mandarin has grown to her adult size without issue. And in my girlfriend’s nano, we have small RBTAs, and 3 rock anemones. Her mandarin has been fine in there for 6 months. Both were purchased from
Algae Barn (Biota supplied).

How long did it take for your mandarin to reach full size? I can’t seem to find any direct info about it on google

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take for your mandarin to reach full size? I can’t seem to find any direct info about it on google
I don’t think she’s full grown yet. But she’s probably quadrupled in size since I got her 2 years ago. I imagine more food means faster growth

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jake,

My mandarins are easily over an inch. At what point do you suggest switching from the B2 pellet to the bigger size? At what point do you think they can handle the bigger size?

Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back