Carbo and calcium and kalk?

JSpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I’m thinking about using tropic Marin’s carbo calcium. I have a highly dominant sps tank and sps frag tank. I’ve heard that the carbo calcium and kalk are a great combo. I’m curious if anyone else is using this combo and why? Thanks all!

Martin Kuhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason why people are using not limewater alone is quite simple: for SPS stuffed tanks you would need more of the ( only little concentrated) limewater than your tank is evaporating each day. So you can’t always adapt your tanks consumption alone with limewater

I personally am a fan of using only one method instead of combining two as it is less confusing and less maintenance work to do. So why not only dosing? Or only Ca reactor ?

All-In-Ones like CarboCalcium and others are not as flexible as 2-part dosing (ca and Alk can’t be dosed separately) and are also more expensive. So why should you choose this? Maybe if you are running a Nano..... not for a bigger tank

OP
OP
JSpen

JSpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason why people are using not limewater alone is quite simple: for SPS stuffed tanks you would need more of the ( only little concentrated) limewater than your tank is evaporating each day. So you can’t always adapt your tanks consumption alone with limewater
So in your opino

I personally am a fan of using only one method instead of combining two as it is less confusing and less maintenance work to do. So why not only dosing? Or only Ca reactor ?

All-In-Ones like CarboCalcium and others are not as flexible as 2-part dosing (ca and Alk can’t be dosed separately) and are also more expensive. So why should you choose this? Maybe if you are running a Nano..... not for a bigger tank

So the carbo calcium is more of a pick up for where the kalk falls off?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back