Carbon/GFO reactors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you all running 2 separate reactors for these? System volume will be roughly 125-150g.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always a good idea to run GFO and Carbon separate or if you're using them in one reactor the mix should be very well fixed inside to avoid any tumbling. Personally I like to use Carbon only for a few days and then discard. So what I do, I run GFO and when it's time to replace the GFO media I remove it and add Carbon for 3 days. Then discard it and add a fresh portion of GFO. ;Pompus

rpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also should add if i were to do it again i would go with two single vs the dual so i have the option of one or the other. I found i need to run much lower amounts of GFO to be able to run for the time i want for the carbon. becomes a balancing act, with two individuals wouldn't have to worry just either need two pumps or set up on a switch

Brien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depends what you want to run. I use Clear FX Pro and it works great for me.

OP
OP
newbreefer316

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with multiple reactors, are you running them off s manifold or individual pumps? I'm trying to decide if I want to go with separate pumps for the display and accessory manifold or if i want to get an oversized dc pump and run everything off one pump.

rpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with multiple reactors, are you running them off s manifold or individual pumps? I'm trying to decide if I want to go with separate pumps for the display and accessory manifold or if i want to get an oversized dc pump and run everything off one pump.

I run a separate pump on mine, I got the MJ-1200 BRS sells and recommends. Extra elbows, tee's and valve cut the flow to much with the pump i had. Now withthe additional pump i can add to my apex and set it up to run when i want it to

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back