Carpet Anemone Missing

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Thank you! How long has yours been hiding? Can you spot feed at all?
I do occasionally try, but he is tucked away back enough that it’s awkward and can’t tell if he is reacting. But the feeder is right above him and ever since I’ve put it in, quite literally everything has perked up. Even the scallop has come out from behind the rock work (formerly across and adjacent from the carpet).

He has been hiding a few months now right next to where the clowns nest.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today I was inspecting creatures and removing molts when I noticed that the nem wasn’t where it’s been for months. I could see it at all. I assumed it kicked the bucket and melted away over night or something. Then after scouring the rock with the magnifying glass, I saw it almost in plain sight.

It’s still in the shade, which is weird, but it moved quite a bit up the rockwork. Not towards the light but also not further away either. It was tucked pretty tightly at the base of a rock in the back, now it’s moved about six inches higher.

What a weirdo. I wish he’d come out into the light and in the front of the tank. But I’m happy he didn’t leave us, either.

Attachments

• D0733CF6-0F52-46CD-ABF5-C51567759F26.jpeg
    D0733CF6-0F52-46CD-ABF5-C51567759F26.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 20

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today I was inspecting creatures and removing molts when I noticed that the nem wasn’t where it’s been for months. I could see it at all. I assumed it kicked the bucket and melted away over night or something. Then after scouring the rock with the magnifying glass, I saw it almost in plain sight.

It’s still in the shade, which is weird, but it moved quite a bit up the rockwork. Not towards the light but also not further away either. It was tucked pretty tightly at the base of a rock in the back, now it’s moved about six inches higher.

What a weirdo. I wish he’d come out into the light and in the front of the tank. But I’m happy he didn’t leave us, either.
This is what mine started doing before it decided to come out! Moved from super shaded spot to partial shade creeping out more and more

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yesterday the carpet just disappeared. I couldn’t find it under any nook nor any cranny.

I gave up and assumed it melted.

But then this morning I was cleaning the glass and helping some snails go top side up and saw a red thing on the rock work up high. I was like what the heck is that before it dawned on me… it was the mini!

it was looking palish pink, though. When he was hiding he seemed darker, but it must have just been the shade of the overhang. So I fed it some reef roids directly and it readily accepted.

It positioned itself higher than I would have expected and right across a moderate/high flow area.

Since today’s reef roids feeding was just a stimulus check, tomorrow I’ll feed him some rehydrated reef jerky.

I’m hoping his color comes back sooner than later. But he’s been moving on his own, so I assume it’s doing it on purpose and for a good reason after all these months.

67E56724-7368-40EA-BEC2-82E341FEA488.jpeg 8B25E5E0-FE9F-4F12-AB2B-94FC85691AD3.jpeg

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yesterday the carpet just disappeared. I couldn’t find it under any nook nor any cranny.

I gave up and assumed it melted.

But then this morning I was cleaning the glass and helping some snails go top side up and saw a red thing on the rock work up high. I was like what the heck is that before it dawned on me… it was the mini!

it was looking palish pink, though. When he was hiding he seemed darker, but it must have just been the shade of the overhang. So I fed it some reef roids directly and it readily accepted.

It positioned itself higher than I would have expected and right across a moderate/high flow area.

Since today’s reef roids feeding was just a stimulus check, tomorrow I’ll feed him some rehydrated reef jerky.

I’m hoping his color comes back sooner than later. But he’s been moving on his own, so I assume it’s doing it on purpose and for a good reason after all these months.

67E56724-7368-40EA-BEC2-82E341FEA488.jpeg 8B25E5E0-FE9F-4F12-AB2B-94FC85691AD3.jpeg
Awesome !!! I am happy for both of us.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back