Caterpillar like worm - what is it ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took pictures but my phone wasn’t able to focus. Maybe my description will be enough.

Those white worms are different sizes ranging from 2-3 mm to 5-6 mm. They are thin and long, they « walk » fast enough for their size and they have many many legs on each side on their body and two little antennas on their head.

They are strutting their stuff on the front glass of my Evo 13.5 that is currently fallow and only has a few snails in it and corals.

What are those ?

Thank you

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took pictures but my phone wasn’t able to focus. Maybe my description will be enough.

Those white worms are different sizes ranging from 2-3 mm to 5-6 mm. They are thin and long, they « walk » fast enough for their size and they have many many legs on each side on their body and two little antennas on their head.

They are strutting their stuff on the front glass of my Evo 13.5 that is currently fallow and only has a few snails in it and corals.

What are those ?

Thank you
Even a blurry picture might be more help than none...

There are many different possibilities from your description, some more or less likely.
Amphipods are the first thing that came to my mind from your description, but they are not worms.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even a blurry picture might be more help than none...

There are many different possibilities from your description, some more or less likely.
Amphipods are the first thing that came to my mind from your description, but they are not worms.
Here’s a video :

Last edited:

CryptoNautical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see something similar at night in my tank. From the research I've done they're a species similar to bristle worms. I haven't done anything about them. They seem to be detridivores. I believe they're called Dorvilleidae

(Then again it's a bit blurry but thats a start)

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see something similar at night in my tank. From the research I've done they're a species similar to bristle worms. I haven't done anything about them. They seem to be detridivores. I believe they're called Dorvilleidae

(Then again it's a bit blurry but thats a start)
It does look like Dorvilleidae. I’ve seen another post with pictures and they are similar.

They’re fine then. I’ve been overfeeding probably since going fallow because my nassarius snail looks hungry.

Back