CCOMBS FIRST REEF!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very unfortunate update. As much as I love this hobby, I will actually be needing to get out of it. As of this week, all of my livestock and dry goods are on the selling forum.
Wwwaaaaaat!
Sorry to hear man :( just know tank or no tank, you're still welcome here and we still love ya!

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wwwaaaaaat!
Sorry to hear man :( just know tank or no tank, you're still welcome here and we still love ya!
Don't want to be out forever, just the most responsible thing at this time before I no longer have a job for the foreseeable future.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to be out forever, just the most responsible thing at this time before I no longer have a job for the foreseeable future.
Life comes first, no matter what. You can always come back to the hobby in the future:)

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one day I will get another shot at it, but for now, this concludes the thread. Thank you all so much for your support on my journey. I will still lurk on the forum. Please know that you guys have all made a positive difference in my life and reefing experience.

IMG_4961.JPG

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is odd having the tank gone. Our bedroom is much quieter, less blue, and I certainly do miss seeing my fish friends swim around.

Overall I do not regret the decision to take down the tank, even though it was quite unfortunate. I still actively browse the forum and contribute where I can to help others. The biggest change in my life is that my stress level has gone down, I am not constantly worried about the tank and keeping it clean.

Much to the dismay of my wife, I am probably what you would call a clean freak. It is not an OCD obsession or a germ thing, I just always want our house to be presentable and hotel like, or maybe like a show home. Luckily she likes a clean home as well and we both contribute to chores, I am just over the top with it sometimes. That being said, seeing algae and other things in the tank out of place always stressed me. When the tank was not clean, it would not bring me any enjoyment, only stress because it was not 'show ready.'

I am glad I got in to the hobby, but I am also glad that I got out. If you are considering getting out of the hobby, just imagine what the space your tank occupies will look like when it is gone. For me it is an empty reminder of my journey, but I am glad that journey came to an end. If you can't imagine your space without a tank, maybe you should stay in the hobby.

Now that the salt is cleaned up, holes in the wall for electronics and RODI lines are patched, and a fresh coat of paint is on the wall, I can finally relax. The empty space and a GFCI outlet are little reminders of the good times.

I plan to stay active on the forum and hopefully help others out. I do love the hobby, it just is not the time in my life for it, currently.

IMG_5035.JPG

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are doing well my friend, sad to see you take down the tank but I understand completely. I’ve had to walk away from this hobby several times, and will one day have to do that again as well. I hope you and your family are doing well, staying safe and healthy in this troubling time we are in. Now is definitely a good time to not have to worry about an aquarium! I subscribed to your youtube channel I’ll have to spend some time checking out your videos. ;) Be Well! :)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is odd having the tank gone. Our bedroom is much quieter, less blue, and I certainly do miss seeing my fish friends swim around.

Overall I do not regret the decision to take down the tank, even though it was quite unfortunate. I still actively browse the forum and contribute where I can to help others. The biggest change in my life is that my stress level has gone down, I am not constantly worried about the tank and keeping it clean.

Much to the dismay of my wife, I am probably what you would call a clean freak. It is not an OCD obsession or a germ thing, I just always want our house to be presentable and hotel like, or maybe like a show home. Luckily she likes a clean home as well and we both contribute to chores, I am just over the top with it sometimes. That being said, seeing algae and other things in the tank out of place always stressed me. When the tank was not clean, it would not bring me any enjoyment, only stress because it was not 'show ready.'

I am glad I got in to the hobby, but I am also glad that I got out. If you are considering getting out of the hobby, just imagine what the space your tank occupies will look like when it is gone. For me it is an empty reminder of my journey, but I am glad that journey came to an end. If you can't imagine your space without a tank, maybe you should stay in the hobby.

Now that the salt is cleaned up, holes in the wall for electronics and RODI lines are patched, and a fresh coat of paint is on the wall, I can finally relax. The empty space and a GFCI outlet are little reminders of the good times.

I plan to stay active on the forum and hopefully help others out. I do love the hobby, it just is not the time in my life for it, currently.

IMG_5035.JPG
Sorry to hear this. I always fear this is my fate. I love my fish, corals and inverts. I hope you can jump back in. And we all appreciate your help in this hobby.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back