Centropyge loriculus

krdill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been considering adding a Flame Angel to my 220gal and have been getting mixed reports as far as location of origin.
For those of you with experience or those of you "in-the-know", what is currently the best area to buy a Flame from?

Hawaii, Cooks, Marshall, Christmas, etc.

Let me know your thoughts.
thanks.

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have read the ones from Christmas Island supposedly are the best looking.

I have a flame but do not know where it came from and it looks great.

Do you have any other pygmy in the tank? Clams? These are 2 possible issues with intro of any dwarf angel.

OP
OP
K

krdill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies guys.

No dwarfs, no clams, no SPS, mostly just various mushrooms, ricordias, and a few zoas/palys. The one fish that is in there that may have an issue is a 3" maroon clown that came with the tank. She did okay with the addition of a school of PJ cardinals, a citron goby, and a couple of neon gobies. There's also a pink skunk clown in there, but from what I was told, the skunk and maroon were introduced at the same time.

robharold, did you buy yours from an LFS or online? How long have you had it and did you have any parasite issues to start with?

reefsandrotts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Christmas Island flames are by far the nicest.
More money but the red and black is intense in color,the ones collected in bali and phillipines and even other areas of hawaii the color is very pale and the contrast between the red and black sometimes get almost silver looking between the 2 colors.
As far as parasites go if you can qt it them you shouldn't have a problem,if you can't qt your neon gobies should be able to keep any parasite that pops up under control.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back