• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Chaeto

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Do you still have some chaeto available for sale?

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your trick to keeping it alive? I keep trying but the light above it just grows algae all around the chaeto and the chaeto breaks apart eventually becoming nothing or full of algae itself

OP
OP
khmer_reefer

khmer_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your trick to keeping it alive? I keep trying but the light above it just grows algae all around the chaeto and the chaeto breaks apart eventually becoming nothing or full of algae itself
What kind of light are u using and what are your tank parameters?

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried in 4 of my tanks. Salinity is 1.025 in all. Alk around 8, Cal 440, mag around 1400. Nitrates under 20 in all but 2 tanks have gha issues and 1of those is battling Dino's. Phosphates/nitrates in the 2 with gha register zero. The light in the one tank I keep trying was the hang on refugium/light combo that was popular on here, finnex fugeray switchable blue/white LED's. The rest I just floated in the tank near return grates so they got the same light as the tank which are ai Hydra hds. The tank with the Dino's/gha the algae actually lived even though it was taken over by Dino's/gha.

OP
OP
khmer_reefer

khmer_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried in 4 of my tanks. Salinity is 1.025 in all. Alk around 8, Cal 440, mag around 1400. Nitrates under 20 in all but 2 tanks have gha issues and 1of those is battling Dino's. Phosphates/nitrates in the 2 with gha register zero. The light in the one tank I keep trying was the hang on refugium/light combo that was popular on here, finnex fugeray switchable blue/white LED's. The rest I just floated in the tank near return grates so they got the same light as the tank which are ai Hydra hds. The tank with the Dino's/gha the algae actually lived even though it was taken over by Dino's/gha.
This is the light I've been using and so far I have to trim mines every couple of weeks. Maybe the light you are using is not giving the chaeto enough par. But the first time I use chaeto, it died on me also so I switch my light to the one below and I also start dosing 4ml of iron every weeks. Now I cut off the iron and just use the light and so far the chaeto is still growing fine without dosing iron. Hope this help.

Amazon LED Light

jrvelie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in a bag. What is the total cost shipped to 49040?

OP
OP
khmer_reefer

khmer_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any chaeto available yet?
Yes, I have some more available but I am only currently shipping via the tri-state area (DE, NJ, PA, NY) as usps is having major delay with their shipments or doing local pickup.. Unless you are willing to pay more for shipping via Fedex/UPS.

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have some more available but I am only currently shipping via the tri-state area (DE, NJ, PA, NY) as usps is having major delay with their shipments or doing local pickup.. Unless you are willing to pay more for shipping via Fedex/UPS.
I live in sc, 29579, what do you think it would cost? I thought usps priority was always guaranteed 2-3 days.

OP
OP
khmer_reefer

khmer_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in sc, 29579, what do you think it would cost? I thought usps priority was always guaranteed 2-3 days.
Yea, but never this whole covid thing been going on plus the holiday, I have one shipment to IA and it's been stuck at some NJ facility for the past 3 weeks. I had to refund the lady her money back. As for shipping with fedex/ups, it's probably going to cost anywhere between $12-$15 shipping. I will probably start shipping it again next month once this holiday delay easy up.

Back