Chaetomorpha

Chela101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2023
Messages
320
Reaction score
201
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a new sump after my all in one tank broke (the black plastic part that divides the tank itself and the filtration to the back) nice eshopp nano sump… and I decided to put some chaeto to bring down my nitra, and phos down since they were high .70 and I got a kessil H380 halo algae grow light…. And now my levels are mid .20 for both…. BUTTTT I see that some of my algae is turning white…. And I don’t know if it’s the light too bright??? Or the levels are getting too low to have the algae grow vibrant??? Just wondering,
 
That used to happen when my macro algae was overgrown. Removing some should help. Good luck.
 
That used to happen when my macro algae was overgrown. Removing some should help. Good luck.
Like the overpowering light causing bleaching? Or not enough nutrients now lol
 
Like the overpowering light causing bleaching? Or not enough nutrients now lol
I think they meant that there is too much chaeto in the refugium. You have to harvest it periodically. Try removing some and see if it starts growing normally again.
 
I think they meant that there is too much chaeto in the refugium. You have to harvest it periodically. Try removing some and see if it starts growing normally again.
Ohhhh okay!! Yea there’s a lot in it! I did remove the ugly part the white part! So hopefully thank you so much!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new