Chalice coral mucus damaging SPS

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do large water changes, I have a large chalice coral (echinopora) that gets exposed to the air so it ends up producing a lot of mucus. When I fill the tank back up. This mucus flows throughout the tank. Last time, it ended up getting on an Acro and monti frag and killed some of the tissue. Should I just suck it up with a turkey baster or something?
 
I’d say a baster is good. My acros slime a lot and I just suck it up with a baster and everything’s all good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new