Chalice fragging question

  • Thread starter Thread starter khushtram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

khushtram

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
407
Location
Garfield nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!! I’m am not sure if this is the right place to post it or not but here it goes. I have a high end chalice that I’m looking to frag. I do not have access to a band saw at the moment but I do have a cheap dremel that I use for work. Are there any other methods that I can use to frag a chalice without losing the entire piece? It’s a beautiful coral and I would hate to lose it due to fragging it improperly.
b71a73a930d06e37f1c624acc3ea7f79.jpg


Any suggestions ?
 
I've used a dremel with a diamond wheel countless times with great results. Everyone has their own preferred method but a band saw is not necessary.
 
Dremel will work, lil chalice trick dont cut just eyes out, cut a piece with no eyes at all, you will have 8 eyes on it in a week or 2.
 
I just use dish soap to rinse the wheel off and then water to rinse the soap off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new