Cheaper Actinic LED

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be running 3x AI Prime HD's over a six foot tank and I am looking for supplemental light in the actinic range to get that pop of color from the corals and fish. While I could turn the blues up more in the AI's, I am trying to not to have to run them high, above about 60%. Should I go ahead and spend the money for the Reef Brite Lumi Lite, which would be around 200.00 or is there another solution for supplemental actinic that would be cheaper. I considered ordering some of those rolls of led strip but I don't have any experience what or not if would work.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other options would be a bar from SB Reef or Reefbreeders. Another option would be to retrofit 2 T5 bulbs. Those options are all right about 200 bucks. Besides DIY or buying used, I'm not sure if you can get anything cheaper than that.

MichaelP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what type of corals you are looking to keep but 3 ai primes over a 6 foot tank is very little light. In order to avoid shadows I would add t5s vs another led strip

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back