Check out my Rics

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey emmett ! nice to see you joined us :) tank is looking great and your rics have some amazing color. the frags i got from you are looking great by the way....thanks again!

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey emmett ! nice to see you joined us :) tank is looking great and your rics have some amazing color. the frags i got from you are looking great by the way....thanks again!

Hey Amanda, thats great to hear about your frags:bigsmile: That strawberry patch is a great coral and a fast grower! Gotta love those. Thanks for the compliments! Sending you a pm.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chris, here is an old full tank shot will try and get an updated one soon. While I was there found some more pics....

IMG_1243.jpg

You have got a really nice tank!

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ficklefin - Thanks!

The clam is about 11 inches front to back with the mantle extended. He got too big for the tank so I took him out, he is now in my frag tank.

Update on the rics - they have never looked better, some even have 3 mouths on them and getting ready to split 3 ways:) I did not know rics did this. I'm going to try and place them on a big rock to get them to spread on it.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could get my rics to grow. They are healthy just not multiplying. They have their over side of the tank with nothing around to tick them off. Hopefully they will. I have noticed that one has what looks like 2 or 3 mouths.

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the nice compliments

I just got about 10 new ric polyps sent to me this morning. Everything is looking good. I dipped them in some Flatworm exit but still not sure if I want to dip them in TMPCC or revive. Anybody ever dip your rics in these? They are in the QT tank now, and will try and get some pics posted.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't dip my rics unless I see something on them after inspection. If you got them where I think you did there isn't enough rock rubble to hide anything so I would if you are going to dip which ever is best for parasites only and place them in tank.....I know FE is good for what is made for but much else I don't know like parasites? I wouldn't want to dip in to many chems so you don't cause to much stress.

reefdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i got a few rics and i don't think it's necessary to dip them.

i've dipped the last few i've picked up in both TMCC and revive because i know that LFS has some pests (flatworms, red bugs, MEN, who knows what else...) but i never dipped in the past in anything other than regular tank SW for a nice rinse

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and rics!

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Azurel - Yeah I just ddid the flatworm exit to make sure there are no flat worms and put them in the QT tank with interceptor. I know I'm almost 100 percent sure there are no red bugs but just did it for peace of mind. I have not dipped them yet and don't think I'm going to because of the little bit of rock they were attached to and then I super glued them so what are the chances they would have acro eating flatworms or nudis, slim to none? Have you dipped rics in TMPCC or revive and had them survive? How much and how long?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not dipped my incoming rics with either one of those meds.....I wouldn't think if they are wild or aqua-cultured you wouldn't find any redbugs or nudis since they wouldn't find any acros or montis near the rics. Unless the vendor has the rics with acros and montis even then I doubt you would find them.....

But with your tank and the amount of Acros and Montis you have I would probably dip as well just to be safe...Since you have some much invested in those types of corals err on the side of caution.

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Azurel for the help.

Here are some pics of my new rics, I'm really excited about these. Just added them to the tank so they still need to expand out.

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those the ones from Coral Morphologic? They have some of the best WYSIWYG rics I have ever seen......The ones I got were top level Florida ricordea..Nothing I would see local ever.....That is one hot rock of rics right there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back