OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got them there. The big rock in the middle with the bright orange/pink are frags from my tank on page 1. All the others around the outside edge are from coral morphologic except for the blue one up front. They have some really nice rics:tongue: really happy

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated shot. I think I need to move them farther apart now :( Did not realize they would expand so much. What should I do?

DPP_0001.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move them just enough apart so they don't cover each other....I have found in expireance that they really do better when next to other polyps. So don't move them to far apart.....Looks really good Emster.

OP
OP
E

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel - I think your right I will try and move them a little more apart :)

ReeferRob - You got a good eye, those are my favorite too. I was just thinking the other day if I could just get more of those.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, have you ever been a TOTM? If not you should be.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel - I think your right I will try and move them a little more apart :)

ReeferRob - You got a good eye, those are my favorite too. I was just thinking the other day if I could just get more of those.

Thanks Emster! I love my rics! You may have to kick the dust of this thread buy you should check it out. Sure easier ways have developed since then, and sure some have better success than others with different methods.
I experimented with this method for some time after becoming dormant on the site back then.
If you have a ric polyp that walked from is colony rock and/or is attached to two separate pieces of substrate, will yield a 100% success rate!!
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f95/induced-longitudinal-fission-septembers-issue-marine-6706.html

Either way lets fatten that baby up and get me a slice!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Emster! I love my rics! You may have to kick the dust of this thread buy you should check it out. Sure easier ways have developed since then, and sure some have better success than others with different methods.
I experimented with this method for some time after becoming dormant on the site back then.
If you have a ric polyp that walked from is colony rock and/or is attached to two separate pieces of substrate, will yield a 100% success rate!!
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f95/induced-longitudinal-fission-septembers-issue-marine-6706.html

Either way lets fatten that baby up and get me a slice!

Yup I have done this myself and it works 100% of the time with zero issues...

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually can be very cool to see. As it stretches it drips in a way and looks beautiful.

Sorry to hi-jack!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back