Chiller size

florida reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
883
Reaction score
18
Location
Vacation Spot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I live in Florida and have a 90g reef. My temp has been fluctuating between 78-81 degrees, but I would like to keep it consistantly toward 77 or 78 degrees. What size chiller should I use to drop the tank temp only one to three degrees? I have read the suggested tank size for the different chillers on the vendor websites but I thought you guys might be able to provide some quality feedback.
 
I prefer to buy the higher rated chiller. It will get the job done with less active time (less power draw).

I use 1/3 hp chiller for my 90g.
 
1/3 HP Chiller on a 90 gallon? Man I have one on my 120 and when I first put it in it dropped my tank water 3 degrees in a matter of Min lol. I think you can get away with a smaller one probably a 1/4 hp but if you plan on upgrading to a larger tank one day it wouldnt hurt to buy a bigger one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new