Choose wrasses for me!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add others later on; use an acclimation box for observation for a few days prior to release.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the nahacky. Mine grazes on algae. here is a pic of mine flashing for the female.
IMG_3151.jpg

I love when my male nahacky flashes... Every afternoon after he eats... Chases the female.... Beautiful fish though

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Blue Flasher, Scott's Fairy and Red Velvet. I have a glass cover over my tank with the only opening being at the back just wide enough for a few wires. When I woke up yesterday I went to check the aquarium (a morning ritual..lol) and the Blue Flasher was on top of the glass cover at the front of the tank. Dead and dry as a bone. That made me sad..he was beautiful. The other two are doing great...it's like they never went through a break-in period. Started eating the same day I got them and are constantly out in the open. I was thinking about getting a radiant...my LFS says it will eat shrimp...is that true?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres iridis? Not much risk of them eating shrimp. It's possible, but not very likely unless we're talking about small shrimp (<1").

Also to note, albeit a little late, but with all wrasses: if the head fits the fish fits. Any gaps which are big enough for the fish's head to fit through will eventually be found in any tank cover.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to note, albeit a little late, but with all wrasses: if the head fits the fish fits. Any gaps which are big enough for the fish's head to fit through will eventually be found in any tank cover.
they always find a way to jump out.. sorry for the loss. Blue Flashers are amazing fish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back