Cichlid guy in a reef world

Cichlid Steve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my introduction. I am Steve. and hail from Central Florida. I used to do saltwater tanks, but was big into SCUBA so that satisfied my needs. Now that I can no longer dive I have been getting back into the hobby. Read quite a few forums here for product reviews and experiences. I figured I started to come here daily, so what the heck I would join the community. Although I am currently running all male Lake Malawi Peacock/Hap tanks, doesn't mean I won't convince the wife to jump to reef tanks again. I will post my fish sometime in the future. Don't be fooled, freshwater can pop just as much as saltwater. I basically use saltwater filtration minus a few items. So glad to be here and hope to expand my knowledge.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Steve! I’m a cichlid fan too, though mine are only angelfish. I have two place holders, a marble veil and regular marble, who won’t stop spawning. They will eventually be replaced with leopoldi :)

I’m thoroughly enjoying the salty side, save a little frustrations with algae. Otherwise it’s quite a fun learning experience. One day I hope my “reef” will be as fun to watch without stressing over algae as my Borneo biotope is with my pallifina, and my constant spawning angels :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for introducing yourself
tenor (4).gif
#WelcometoR2R

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 136 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back