Logan A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have a uniclife w-25 in my 75g reef tank. 48x18x24. It literally blows sand opposite it in the tank away down to the glass. I feel that where there should be low flow spots everything is way high flow. And this is at the lowest setting! My corals and feather dusters look like an evergreen stuck in a 100 mph draft. Doesnt matter where i put the wavemaker either it would seem high, low, front, back the result is the same. If i turn it off my return pump seems to give me almost the exact result i want! But i dont know that i would call this circulation maybe it is its running at about 700gph. Help i could use your suggestions! Could i position the wavemaker behind the rocks? Is there something i can buy in addition to the controller that came with it to dial down the power?

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would be to put the wave maker halfway to 3/4 up on one end of your tank and pointed towards the top.

15243995989646882975654085878875.jpg

OP
OP
Logan A.

Logan A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would be to put the wave maker halfway to 3/4 up on one end of your tank and pointed towards the top.

15243995989646882975654085878875.jpg
You can definitely have it blowing at the rocks. Also try to point the stream against the return stream.
These both seem like good suggestions so it seems like what i need to do is find that sweet spot for the wavemaker no?

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These both seem like good suggestions so it seems like what i need to do is find that sweet spot for the wavemaker no?

It would also depend on what substrate you have. If you have fine sand I would not be able to help much. I have the special grade where it's got really small Pebbles. But every once in a while I will see a flake or two move that basically just flip over so not all that much. When I first put my wave maker in I tilted it down and it look like a sand storm and then I just slowly started moving it upwards not sure if your Wave Maker clicks or not but I believe I clicked mine two clicks up from level.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back