Cjtabares' 150 gal(36x36x27) tank progress

cjtabares

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
461
Reaction score
226
Location
Bristol,RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to put together everything I need for my Marineland 150 gal tank(36x36x27). The light I am going to use came in yesterday; Lumatek DIMMABLE 250W / 400W Metal Halide Electronic Ballast, a LumenMax ELITE, with a 250w Radium. What I need to order now is the tank and build the stand. I am going to use my reef octopus super reef 5000, my mp40w, 1 k4, 3 k2s, 30 gal sump, 30 gal fuge, 55 gal frag tank(I might use my 100 gal for a frag tank if I can't sell it)

I still need to figure out what I am going to use as a return pump, I will be pumping up from my basement 1 floor. There are a few pumps for sale on my local club site: reeflow 3200 for $250, a blueline 100 for $100, and a panworld for $200. I think I am going to use the 2 predrilled holes for a herbie overflow and have a return come over the top. I want to go with as little watts as I can with my return pump to get 3-5x turn over. I will use my powerheads to get the rest in my DT and frag tank.

Any help or tips are welcome. TIA

Chrstopher
 
Last edited:
I am using a reeflo Dart on my tank and it is pumping water from my basement to the first floor with some to spare for my skimmer. Only 150 watts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new