Cleaner Shrimp Breeding.....

NewbyREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few quick pics of the equipment used for a DIY hatchery- "neo pseudo kriesel"

I will make a new thread in the DIY forum for the process's that can be utilized for instruction benefit....

This set-up can be used for seahorses, shrimp zoe- or "Life" stages, jellys....
How do you gather and feed?
100_1197.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1199.jpg

100_1200.jpg

100_1201.jpg

100_1202.jpg

100_1203.jpg

WAZTEK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few quick pics of the equipment used for a DIY hatchery- "neo pseudo kriesel"

I will make a new thread in the DIY forum for the process's that can be utilized for instruction benefit....

This set-up can be used for seahorses, shrimp zoe- or "Life" stages, jellys....

100_1197.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1199.jpg

100_1200.jpg

100_1201.jpg

100_1202.jpg

100_1203.jpg
Hi

I'm serious on breeding shrimp. can you help by running me through the set up process and also any advice on keeping the shrimp alive and sustained once they have hatched would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

WAZTEK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

I'm really into the idea of breeding and maintaining cleaner shrimp. The Skunk variety in particular. I'm pretty sure that's the one we call the Redline Shrimp here in Australia. I really want to be a massive success at this and I know there are key things that must be observed or they will all just expire before long. Is there anybody out there that has successfully brought up shrimp right from the beginning through to the stages of feeding and maintaining the new hatchlings that would be willing to help me out? any info or advice would be super awesome and very much appreciated. Thank you all so much. I'm super happy to be part of the R2R community and looking forward to sharing my thoughts and help where I can too. :) . Warren

redline-cleaner-shrimp.jpg

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this article you can see one type of larvae bucket that we used for breeding Lysmata wurdemanni. Perhaps that setup would work for other species as well.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm messing around with Cleaner shrimp breeding and the raising of the fry. From the research I have done, It seems like no one has had luck raising them to full size. I saw where Scientist have had luck in a lab, but not to the point of being able to produce mass quantities for the aquarium trade. I read there are 4 stages to the fry cycle and it takes roughly 4 months to complete. I have not found a lot of info, so any would be helpful. I am currently messing with 3 shrimp at the moment (2F/1M) First female released about 2.5 weeks ago. I have started to see the fry the last couple of days. They are still very small, but definately shrimp and not copepods.

If you have had any experience or know where to find more info, Please post.

Thanks
Nick
How do you tell their gender?

brooky89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm messing around with Cleaner shrimp breeding and the raising of the fry. From the research I have done, It seems like no one has had luck raising them to full size. I saw where Scientist have had luck in a lab, but not to the point of being able to produce mass quantities for the aquarium trade. I read there are 4 stages to the fry cycle and it takes roughly 4 months to complete. I have not found a lot of info, so any would be helpful. I am currently messing with 3 shrimp at the moment (2F/1M) First female released about 2.5 weeks ago. I have started to see the fry the last couple of days. They are still very small, but definately shrimp and not copepods.

If you have had any experience or know where to find more info, Please post.

Thanks
Nick
Have you got them in a kreisel tank?

strich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

I'm really into the idea of breeding and maintaining cleaner shrimp. The Skunk variety in particular. I'm pretty sure that's the one we call the Redline Shrimp here in Australia. I really want to be a massive success at this and I know there are key things that must be observed or they will all just expire before long. Is there anybody out there that has successfully brought up shrimp right from the beginning through to the stages of feeding and maintaining the new hatchlings that would be willing to help me out? any info or advice would be super awesome and very much appreciated. Thank you all so much. I'm super happy to be part of the R2R community and looking forward to sharing my thoughts and help where I can too. :) . Warren

redline-cleaner-shrimp.jpg
Did you ever make any progress on this?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back