OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having the same exact problem. Had the lid for about a week and the sag is the same as yours and ours has the center support bar.
We have contacted them and sent pics but they are requesting even more pics with “natural lighting” which is hard to get right now.
image.jpg
Did you ever hear back? I am so sorry you are having the same problem. Please if you don't mind keep me posted on if you get a response and resolution! Also did you call or email?

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad i read this, you guys are right, for that kind of money, I would expect more.
Yeah exactly! That is my issue! Just hoping they make it right, so I am waiting now for a response. I haven't heard from them since Wednesday, and now it is the weekend. I know small businesses need to make money too etc etc, however I also believe in customer service. Especially due to a error on their part. So I am hoping they will replace this lid with a new one. I will even pay the difference for the original instead of the Tsunami or shipping etc. I am just trying to get someone to respond with a resolution we can both agree to at this point.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah exactly! That is my issue! Just hoping they make it right, so I am waiting now for a response. I haven't heard from them since Wednesday, and now it is the weekend. I know small businesses need to make money too etc etc, however I also believe in customer service. Especially due to a error on their part. So I am hoping they will replace this lid with a new one. I will even pay the difference for the original instead of the Tsunami or shipping etc. I am just trying to get someone to respond with a resolution we can both agree to at this point.

Sounds very reasonable.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you have seen the thread in the Artfully Acrylic forum, you will see they don't have the fastest response time.
You should post in their forum and be sure and tag them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks again to everyone for ideas and responding! So today after my weekly water change I was looking at the back acrylic/polycarbonate they use for the frame, the piece that creates the overflow cut out where it joins the rest of the frame isn't square. The cut isn't straight. So it looks like when I put the lid how it supposed to fit on my tank, it has to be forced which causes the mesh to bend and sag. So it isn't a mesh issue after all. They didn't cut the lid itself correctly. Hope that makes sense! So I will keep trying to get them to respond so hopefully I can get a resolution. If anyone else has any experience with this company please let me know! Thanks again everyone!
A soft, not agrresive file should work. Also a Dremel tool will take it doen a little.
I would still address with Artfully as in my case, they replaced it with another new one.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a update so far.....I received a email response on Monday night from the owner, but I think he was unclear that my lid was cut to the wrong size. So today I sent several pictures and a video of the measurements. So I am waiting to here back from them. I am hoping they just replace the lid. I think I am being reasonable and respectful. I am hoping they make things right. Stressful to say the least.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have seen the thread in the Artfully Acrylic forum, you will see they don't have the fastest response time.
You should post in their forum and be sure and tag them.
Good point....I may do that if this drags out.....but I saw a scary post on their forum where a unsatisfied customer called them out, and they responded kind of harsh I thought saying, "Our choice is based on his treatment of our company. He also stated, " I won’t adjust my quality expectations regarding this product." As such, we do not feel that this matter will ever be resolved to his satisfaction.
Additionally, we refuse to co-sign the mediocrity running rampant in this world of consumer driven insanity that lends a sense of entitlement to the average consumer by bowing down to the "customer is always right' mentality that comes with abuse and mistreatment."

In their defense they did refund the customers money which was a good thing. So that makes me nervous to post anything in that forum at this point!

I am not trying to be difficult at all, or get one over on them. I just want a replacement lid that is cut correctly. I am keeping my fingers crossed they come through! I will update here on the outcome! Thanks again!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a different issue with my lids maybe a year after I had them. They replaced them no problem.

I haven't had netting sag on its own but my tanks are only 20g. My cat sat on one though so I just removed the spline and re-tightened it. It works the same as any screen or BRS DIY kit and is not difficult at all.

Obviously if it is cut wrong, you deserve a replacement.

Otherwise if it is just saggy/stretched screen....it's silly to waste materials and make a new one that takes 10 min to fix with no special effort. There is enough plastic in the landfills and ruining our oceans. The screen likely stretches a bit over time no matter what.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good point....I may do that if this drags out.....but I saw a scary post on their forum where a unsatisfied customer called them out, and they responded kind of harsh I thought saying, "Our choice is based on his treatment of our company. He also stated, " I won’t adjust my quality expectations regarding this product." As such, we do not feel that this matter will ever be resolved to his satisfaction.
Additionally, we refuse to co-sign the mediocrity running rampant in this world of consumer driven insanity that lends a sense of entitlement to the average consumer by bowing down to the "customer is always right' mentality that comes with abuse and mistreatment."

In their defense they did refund the customers money which was a good thing. So that makes me nervous to post anything in that forum at this point!

I am not trying to be difficult at all, or get one over on them. I just want a replacement lid that is cut correctly. I am keeping my fingers crossed they come through! I will update here on the outcome! Thanks again!
I think if you keep the post about facts and keep it civil, the drama doesn't build.

Adrewry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever hear back? I am so sorry you are having the same problem. Please if you don't mind keep me posted on if you get a response and resolution! Also did you call or email?

My husband has been emailing with them. They finally told us that they would send us a couple more braces. Not really thrilled with the email they sent ( Ill get my husband to forward it to me). Hoping they will just do us right in the end and resolve everyone elses issues as well :)

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband has been emailing with them. They finally told us that they would send us a couple more braces. Not really thrilled with the email they sent ( Ill get my husband to forward it to me). Hoping they will just do us right in the end and resolve everyone elses issues as well :)
Yeah I agree! Hopefully you guys get things worked out with them! I sent my lid back to them on Friday . So they will make the corrections to the size of the lid as well as rescreen it. So I am still waiting to see how this turns out.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the responses too....I am interested to hear of anyone elses input too!

Just my 2 cents. I bought a tsunami for my reefer 350 less than a year ago. I don't have a sagging issue, but all of the joints have started to crack and etch. I contacted them and they very rudely told me that i didn't take care of my lid and salt creep caused it. OK........ my bad, but no one told me? Sounds like a design flaw considering we're dealing with reef tanks???

But honestly, I don't believe that was the issue. I remove my lid once a week to clean my tank and I do wipe down the lid. The weight of the lid puts a lot of strain on all of the joint pieces. You can see it when you remove it. IF I were to do it over with clearview, I would definitely go with classic. Based on my experience with tsunami, I am not at all surprised that ppl are seeing sagging with the EXO. The engineering doesn't make sense and the plastic doesn't hold up.

Again, just my opinion. Waste of $300.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
site says 40 days...

Also, what’s a legit alternative? The DIY kits seems like a headache waiting to happen
I don't know. I just purchased the innovative marine diy mesh kit. I will let you know what I think of it. Even with the extra corners that I had to buy to make the cut outs, I can still make 3 of them for the price of 1 tsunami lid!

But if you really want an acrylic lid, consider the classic first. If you really want the other ones, then think about 2 pieces vs. 1 big piece. Just less strain.

20190921_102758.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hopefully this isn’t the new direction they are headed to. Not cheap or quick to acquire. Mine isn’t the most stable but for my lighting does work because I have a glass piece across tank to keep water away from a reefbrite unit

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just wanted to update my thread here. So I did end up sending my lid back, Clearview paid for shipping, and offered to add a XL feed door for free. I sent it back to them, and because the lid was cut to the wrong size, they couldn't just fix it. So they cut me a new Tsunami lid, added the XL feed door and shipped it back to me. It took about 2 weeks once they received my old lid. I will say for my experience I wasn't happy in the beginning, but I am now. I had a lot of conversations with them back and forth, and it all ended well. It was a PITA to send a 6 ft lid back, pack it all up, get it to UPS etc, but in the end they took care of me. Also the feed door is great.....I can't believe I loved without one.

I also agree if I had to do it over I would have went with the one piece original, NOT the tsunami. Also on the new lid they added a center brace, which was a great idea on their part.

I think I am going to look for that Acrylic bonding stuff to bond some of the seems together. If anyone has ideas about this let me know!

Here are pictures of the new lid.....

IMG_20190926_141610.jpg IMG_20190926_141545.jpg IMG_20190926_141559.jpg IMG_20190926_141530.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back