Clearview Lids warranty policy

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! For those with a Clearview Lid do they have a warranty policy if just months after you get your lid the screen is warped and sagging? I can't get any info from calling it email. Thanks!

IMG_20190811_232747.jpg IMG_20190811_232759.jpg

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is your center support? I you should have a plastic piece that streches and supports the lid.
FAC56166-3513-452C-8396-C032D3C5F8EA.jpeg

They have answered all my Emails promptly.. except the weekends.. I can’t blame them for not working the weekend.

Adrewry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having the same exact problem. Had the lid for about a week and the sag is the same as yours and ours has the center support bar.
We have contacted them and sent pics but they are requesting even more pics with “natural lighting” which is hard to get right now.
image.jpg

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't all have a center support.
If the mesh is loose, it's not hard to pull the black rubber retainer strip, tighten up the mesh, and put the retainer back in.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine did the same thing on my 240.
The first time I had the large feed door in the middle.
The weight of it and heat from the lights made it sag until water caught it and pulled a large portion of the netting into the water.
I got in touch with Artfully Acrylic and at first they said my tank had abnormally high water level. It's about a 1/2" from the bottom of the eurobrace.
They finally relented and sent me a new top, but this time with a smaller feed door.
It worked pretty good for a few months, and then one morning when I turned my kitchen lights on I noticed the netting had been pulled down into the water.
The netting was perfectly tight and really nothing was wrong, it just seemed to sag after a while.
I no longer use it.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is your center support? I you should have a plastic piece that streches and supports the lid.
FAC56166-3513-452C-8396-C032D3C5F8EA.jpeg

They have answered all my Emails promptly.. except the weekends.. I can’t blame them for not working the weekend.
I have the Tsunami lid....on a Red Sea Reefer 750. It didn't come with a center support bar.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am having issues getting them to do anything about it. I will keep working at it though. In all honesty a lid that was almost 300 bucks shouldn't sag after 6 months. My old tank was a Innovative Marine SR 80, that lid that came stock with the tank never sagged in the 5 years I had it.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tsunami lid....on a Red Sea Reefer 750. It didn't come with a center support bar.
Mine is the tsunami also. It was loose in the box when it came. Did you throw it out with the box?

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't all have a center support.
If the mesh is loose, it's not hard to pull the black rubber retainer strip, tighten up the mesh, and put the retainer back in.
Yikes! I would have no idea how to go about doing that without risking making worse. LOL!

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the original lid not the Tsunami? If so do you have a pic of the underside of the lid? When mine is upside down I can see the mesh coming out of the black retainer strip......

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same thing on my 240.
The first time I had the large feed door in the middle.
The weight of it and heat from the lights made it sag until water caught it and pulled a large portion of the netting into the water.
I got in touch with Artfully Acrylic and at first they said my tank had abnormally high water level. It's about a 1/2" from the bottom of the eurobrace.
They finally relented and sent me a new top, but this time with a smaller feed door.
It worked pretty good for a few months, and then one morning when I turned my kitchen lights on I noticed the netting had been pulled down into the water.
The netting was perfectly tight and really nothing was wrong, it just seemed to sag after a while.
I no longer use it.
Interesting! How long did it take for you to get them to send you a replacement?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also how did you get yours fixed? I have it on my tank now but upside down.... LOL..it keeps my Wrasses in but it is a pain.....
The stretcher isn’t glued in. It’s just fit into the space and the pressure holds it in place when the lid is sitting on the tank. If you tossed it, I’d contact them and ask for a replacement. Shouldn’t cost to much. Also retightening the screen is easy. Look on Youtube about rescreening home screens same concept very easy. Just don’t do it without the stretcher.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the helpful replies! You all are great! Another question.....those with the original not the Tsunami....is the mesh on the original embedded into the polycarbonate frame unlike the Tsunami?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! I would have no idea how to go about doing that without risking making worse. LOL!

Well I've done it, and I'm not particularly 'handy' with stuff like this.
Took less than 15 minutes, much tighter and looked much nicer when I was done.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only the longer screens have a center support. Just like home screens, I believe these can be stretched tight and the molding set back in the absorb sagging

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again to everyone for ideas and responding! So today after my weekly water change I was looking at the back acrylic/polycarbonate they use for the frame, the piece that creates the overflow cut out where it joins the rest of the frame isn't square. The cut isn't straight. So it looks like when I put the lid how it supposed to fit on my tank, it has to be forced which causes the mesh to bend and sag. So it isn't a mesh issue after all. They didn't cut the lid itself correctly. Hope that makes sense! So I will keep trying to get them to respond so hopefully I can get a resolution. If anyone else has any experience with this company please let me know! Thanks again everyone!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back