cloudy water

  • Thread starter Thread starter pmorphb28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pmorphb28

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pmorphb28

New to hobby, in my first year. Have a 28g nano BB. Just set up a 120 tank with sand. My first sand experience. Set it up yesterday. Water is incredibly cloudy. Can anyone offer help and suggestions for ware clarity?

Thank you!

​
 
I assume you system is running? you have a sump I assume. Try putting in some filter floss or something similar at petco or lfs should have it. Do you have filter sock?
 
Yes the system is running. Skimmer as well. The eshopp adv 300 didnt come with a filter sock. Would seachempurigen help as well? I haveso, eof that.
 
Once the bacteria levels increase, they will bind to the participles causing the cloudiness and they will precipitate out within a week! All part of the process, no need to worry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new