Clown question

Harleylay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i had a pair of clowns for about 10 years...lost one week ago...can I add more clowns with existing....60 gallon cube coral beauty, damsel and now 1 clown?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you lose the male or female? Should probably be ok either way as long as you add a juvenile. I'd have an acclimation box handy if needed.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i had a pair of clowns for about 10 years...lost one week ago...can I add more clowns with existing....60 gallon cube coral beauty, damsel and now 1 clown?
What would be ideal and likely fine would be finding a super small clown. half an inch or so, that will likely lead to it being male.

mnofziger1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to post the same question. Single clown, female, fairly large ocellaris. I was wondering about perhaps a couple that were a different kind - like tomato’s or golden nugget. Is the main thing size?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to post the same question. Single clown, female, fairly large ocellaris. I was wondering about perhaps a couple that were a different kind - like tomato’s or golden nugget. Is the main thing size?
There's no way to be sure. My attempt at more than a pair of clowns ended poorly. Best chance is to make sure the ones introduced are small and that you can get them out quickly if needed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back