clown trigger in a reef

icemountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my family loves clown triggers and wanted to add one to our reef if possible. I have a 125 mixed reef and was thinking of adding a 1-2" clown trigger. i know these guys get aggressive as they get older and I did have a 6" clown trigger in my fowlr before I converted it to reef. My question is would it be okay to add a clown trigger that small with all the inverts I have and corals? I was planning on rehoming it as it got bigger and more aggressive. I am looking for experience from people who also have or have tried a baby clown trigger in a reef too.

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend that has a clown trigger in his reef tank. He has a couple of angels too and never had an issue with them even looking at the corals. He got him as a baby and obviously keeps it well fed.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen them in videos of reef tanks. I would make sure everyone is well fed. Aggression is worse in a hungry fish. I do not think I would try either of those if I had clams though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back