Clownfish help!!!

coastalnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this clownfish for about 5 months. In the past couple days I’ve noticed he’s laying on the bottom next to where he sleeps. He’s doing this in the middle of the day. I’ll attach a video but I’m very concerned. All my parameters are the same as they have been for months. Also my other clownfish is completely fine as well as all the snails, crabs, shrimp, and corals. He also swims fine when I feed them. He comes up and eats like normal. But then goes back to his corner. This is a 10g cube. This is the female by the way. Sorry for calling her a he. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    41 MB
Last edited:

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this clownfish for about 5 months. In the past couple days I’ve noticed he’s laying on the bottom next to where he sleeps. He’s doing this in the middle of the day. I’ll attach a video but I’m very concerned. All my parameters are the same as they have been for months. Also my other clownfish is completely fine as well as all the snails, crabs, shrimp, and corals. He also swims fine when I feed them. He comes up and eats like normal. But then goes back to his corner. This is a 10g cube. This is the female by the way. Sorry for calling her a he. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I’m not able to see the attachment but if he’s not breathing heavy it sounds like normal clownfish behavior....... they are kinda weird.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you are correct when you say "all parameters are fine", but realize lots of folks say that without truly knowing if the parameters are fine. It's always best to post them up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back