Clownfish Trying To Host Zoas!?

DjPHILLLLY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody,

I have had saltwater fish only and reed tanks off and on for roughly 10+ years now and clownfish have almost always been apart of every aquarium I’ve had. However, I have never seen or have had clownfish of my own that tried to host zoanthids. Let alone my beautiful Illuminati zoas! Lol. I’m not too worried but I do wonder if the zoas could eventually be bothered so much that they will die from stress? So many questions. Should I leave it be? Should I relocate the clowns? Do I wait it out and see if they move on? I have a hammer coming in the mail soon, will they just move on and host the hammer? Lol. Also, I unfortunately do not have a proper lease for the camera so I apologize for the lighting in the attached picture.

9D92A684-D0A8-4CFF-8090-D3A9EC0131C7.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
clowns would host a stick of dynamite of they could. . . LOL
Ive seen them host hairy mushroom, hammer coral, toadstool mushroom, Kenyi tree, xenia coral and even green hair algae beside anemones

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns would host a stick of dynamite of they could. . . LOL
Ive seen them host hairy mushroom, hammer coral, toadstool mushroom, Kenyi tree, xenia coral and even green hair algae beside anemones
Lol you forgot the corner of the tank, overflow, power head, pipe fitting, a rock, and green hair algae

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female occy (white one in pic) shares her love. There's a nem that hosts her and the male behind the rock she's near you can just see the males tail sticking out where it's located. She however uses every single Euphyllia as a host. If there's nothing tentacley she will use a hairy mushroom, Xenia and would probably go for zoas. It's just the personality of some fish.

received_768221647260001.jpeg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my male clown was sick of the female bossing him and wouldn’t share one of 13 nems he stayed in Goni, Duncan, hammer. The coral frowned but always bounced back and many times had a growth spurt. I wouldn’t be to concerned for now

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine host in zoanthids despite having 2 RBTs (which they hosted in a prior tank). They have no interest in their anemones at this time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back