This is a carry-over from this thread.. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/an-easy-way-to-increase-your-tanks-ph-with-a-co2-scrubber.57609/page-12 These tests are geared towards specifically measuring CO2 inlet and outlet values and the efficiency of differing methods in scrubbing CO2 via a reactor. I’ll be using two Amphenol Telaire T6713 CO2 sensors. One to measure CO2 on the inlet side of the reactor and another on the outlet side of the reactor. This way the amount of CO2 reduction can be directly measured independently to PH. I plan on running four test scenarios over a period of 7 days. The following test procedures will be adhered to. 1. Water change of 25 gallons on a Red Sea Reefer 525 XL (my normal weekly routine) with Brightwell Neo Marine with a target KH of (9.0) (my weekly target KH is 8.6 +/- 0.3), CA (450), MG (1440). 2. Sensors will be calibrated prior to each week with reference 400ppm CO2 gas, and offsets inputted into memory. 3. CO2 values will be polled every (3) seconds and displayed on the local touchscreen, but data logged ever (5) minutes resulting in (20) logged values ever (5) minutes. An average of the (20) values will be data logged at the end of each (5) minutes. 4. Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium will be tested once in the AM and once in the PM daily. I had initially planned on not bothering with these measurements, but since after initially installation I saw an odd decrease in KH over two days, so I think adding these values may have some merit. 5. PH will be logged via Apex and imported into the data sets. I installed a new PH probe and calibrated on 10/19. 6. CO2 absorption media will be replaced prior to each test. The following are the four tests that I want to complete. 1) Standard media with no humidification. a) This is the typical installation and methodology. 2) Standard media with RO water in the bottom of the canister. a) The BRS Reactors allow for a small amount of water to be placed at the bottom of the canisters to allow for humid air to flow through the media presumably to aid in CO2 absorption. 3) Standard media with Inlet Line pulling recirculated humidified air from the skimmer cup. a) I will not be able to perform this test at 100% humidification due to two factors. One the sensors do not perform well with humidity levels greater than 80% and condensation on electrical components is generally a no – no. Care should also be taken to avoid condensation buildup in lines that can create a blockage in airflow, condensation can also build up in the reactor canister that will either require manual or automatic drainage. 4) Standard media with Inlet Line pulling air from reference 400ppm (ambient outdoor CO2 levels) gas. a) This should replicate an airline drawing air from outdoor fresh air. I installed the new jumbo scrubber and media from @BRS Saturday morning and started a dry run test before I start each weekly testing. This will establish a decent baseline and ensure the equipment is operating as expected. I’m pretty sure I already know the best method for increasing PH while also increasing the lifespan of the absorption media but performing the tests should give an accurate reasoning and expectations for each type of installation method. Test #1 will start November 3rd. Stay tuned for results…. The reactor is clearly working, as I've already seen a dramatic increase in PH over two days.