OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based in the images and growth I’d say your corals are diggin the Orphek!! What kind of schedule did you settle on or still tweaking?

It went smooth. I did lose a single coral, one of my favorites, a WWC Silver Surfer. Pretty sure he need more acclimation to whites.

I did one week of slow acclimation, then 75% Coral Growth. Everything looked fine for a bit, but the Wellso looked uphappy, and reduced it 68%. Been there ever since.

Going from 42-100 gallons instantly made water a little clean. So I'm not sure if it was the white light or too clean tank that causes that acro to go. Everything else is doing really well.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All caught up now:)

Did you ever get the stand leveled??

It came with leveling feet and it worked out fine. I think C2C was saying that for large in-home installs, they don't use adjustable feet. They shim it some other way. Adjustable feet are fine for this tank

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
211628-theiling-rollermat-compact1-filter-an.jpg

Both of these automatic filter socks replacements are recently available. Will wait for reviews, but can imagine buying one in a month or two.

It's not for filtration, it's really for appearances, all those small particles in the water. It really messes with photography

sk3000 side-b.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking at these but I just can't justify the cost

I hear ya. I have no filter socks on this Triton Style sump. I wanted the lower maintenance. I don't think I need the filtration aspect, I just miss the aesthetics of cleaner water.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots and happy corals.
I still run my 4 filter socks and change them out every 10 or so days.
As the tank is bare bottom, they act as my nitrate source and do a good job.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We now have two nems @FarmerTy @GoVols

1.jpg

2.jpg

I was thinking it looked a little too large recently. He's in the same original crevice, but seems to have gone far left and far right. I'm optimistic they will both stay there. If we get another split, I'll mail that to you @GoVols. I'm all out of rock crevices.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1.jpg

2.jpg

I was thinking it looked a little too large recently. He's in the same original crevice, but seems to have gone far left and far right. I'm optimistic they will both stay there. If we get another split, I'll mail that to you @GoVols. I'm all out of rock crevices.
You know, I see that more often than not these days. If I ship anything over 3.5"-4"... The stress of the shipping and being in a new tank usually causes them to split. Congrats!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1.jpg

2.jpg

(lol)
If it splits again, I'll pick up the tab... ;Woot ;Woot

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I see that more often than not these days. If I ship anything over 3.5"-4"... The stress of the shipping and being in a new tank usually causes them to split. Congrats!

I have been wondering lately if this is common. I had my first shipped BTA and it seems it would be common. The shipping of course, but also the additional stress of a new tank with different flow and lighting.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering lately if this is common. I had my first shipped BTA and it seems it would be common. The shipping of course, but also the additional stress of a new tank with different flow and lighting.
First time it happened was with a Colorado Sunburst. I sent it to a guy and then a week later he sends me a picture of two! I was like... Uh... You just made your money back... Nice! Then cried a bit when nobody was looking. [emoji29]

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy we could try this out... Send me a colorado sunburst for free and when it splits in transit, I'll ship the split back and you lose nothing..... LOLOLOL;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Back