Coast to Coast + FramingTech Custom 80

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy we could try this out... Send me a colorado sunburst for free and when it splits in transit, I'll ship the split back and you lose nothing..... LOLOLOL;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
[emoji30][emoji22]

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time it happened was with a Colorado Sunburst. I sent it to a guy and then a week later he sends me a picture of two! I was like... Uh... You just made your money back... Nice! Then cried a bit when nobody was looking. [emoji29]

Wouldn't be that hard to induce stress, but I get that it feels unnatural and maybe a bit wrong. A big part may just be the size, you could sell them younger. The flip side is you hold them to know they are healthy.

Sadly, making the most $$$ often contradicts what feels right. Try to find your own path.

p.s I stopped Flatworm Stop the week he arrived, it may tick him off. Changes like that plus shipping plus new tank is what's called a 'rough day in Nem world'

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't be that hard to induce stress, but I get that it feels unnatural and maybe a bit wrong. A big part may just be the size, you could sell them younger. The flip side is you hold them to know they are healthy.

Sadly, making the most $$$ often contradicts what feels right. Try to find your own path.

p.s I stopped Flatworm Stop the week he arrived, it may **** him off. Changes like that plus shipping plus new tank is what's called a 'rough day in Nem world'

I've been told by my BTA buddies to sell a bit smaller. They ship better and typically don't split even when slightly stressed. That'll help them survive a bit better than immediately splitting in people's tanks and having to recover from that process.

How do you like flatworm stop?

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like flatworm stop?

At the beginning of the year, I had a big outbreak of standard brown flatworms. I started Flatworm Stop and added a Coris wrasses, within a month they were almost wiped out. The purple stylo was always a fast grower, but most of the other's (acro + monti's) growth was stagnant the previous months. Things really improved. Growth and color improved across the board. The tank was healthy before, lots of coralline, but things went up a notch.

The credit probably belongs entirely to the Yellow Coris wrasse, but since it was working, I decided to stick with it.

On day 3 of the nem, I added a dose, and he disappeared into the rock for two days. I stopped dosing. It could have been a coincidence, but since he's been happy, I haven't restarted.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the beginning of the year, I had a big outbreak of standard brown flatworms. I started Flatworm Stop and added a Coris wrasses, within a month they were almost wiped out. The purple stylo was always a fast grower, but most of the other's (acro + monti's) growth was stagnant the previous months. Things really improved. Growth and color improved across the board. The tank was healthy before, lots of coralline, but things went up a notch.

The credit probably belongs entirely to the Yellow Coris wrasse, but since it was working, I decided to stick with it.

On day 3 of the nem, I added a dose, and he disappeared into the rock for two days. I stopped dosing. It could have been a coincidence, but since he's been happy, I haven't restarted.
Those are interesting observations with flatworm stop. I should start dosing some in a small bucket whenever I wamt my nems to split. [emoji16]

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't keep nems, something I run in the tanks, long story.
I had a gorgeous animal, about 6 months in I had a small tank crash / episode.
I figured out what it was and sorted it in a couple of days, the nem split!
Stressing nems in almost any way makes them go defensive and split, a couple of days in the semi dark and then lights back on again will do it?
I couldn't do it just to make a buck, as above you do have 2 weaker animals!

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c091818-08.jpg

I'm relieved it's $900, makes it easy to say nope

https://worldwidecorals.com/xxl-rainbow-trachyphyllia-26108.html

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to plug the latest BRS video where they interview WWC about their "method" for maitaining their 900G tank.

It is *really* fascinating to me to watch BRS evolve. From BRS160, to becoming huge Triton fanboys, to the total tank failures in ULM series, and now moving on to the new "BRS/WWC method".

BRS can't be completely forthcoming, so watching what they do and where they're going is sometimes the most telling.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using what I think is the KZ version of Red Sea's Reef Energy: Pohl's Coral Vitalizer + Amino Acids Concentrate. No refrigeration required + only 3 drops of each every night.

I feel the Wellso is doing better, great response from the feeder tentacles. I have had to dose a bit of PO4, so more than one thing changed. I'm not sure the hammers + wellso were getting everything they needed from LRS + Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast + occasional Reef Roids/Reef Chili. Which seems a bit ridiculous as I write that, yet I do feel the hammers + wellso are happier.

I'll post random coral pictures later this weekend

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back