Confident Fish For 75 Gallon?

alfieh0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I have had my 75 gallon RedSea Reefer 350 tank for 1 year now, and have 10 fish in total.
However you would have no clue I had 10 fish in there, and most of the time would think nothing was in there. All my fish seems very timid and always hiding. I have tried to find out why, but everything seems fine, i think the fish i have chosen are just generally shy.

My current stock list is:
x4 clownfish
x2 banggai cardinalfish
x2 firefish
x1 chromis
x1 bicolor blenny

The cardinal fish and clownfish hid due to always breeding behind the rocks, the firefish and chromis are just timid and blenny due to his dark face can barley been seen unless its openly swimming.
Therefore, majority of the time you cant see any fish in the tank.

Now i don't want to overstock the tank, i do still have lots of rocks and open swimming spaces, and also the clownfish are just generally smaller then i have seen normally. So i do think there is room for another fish or two.

The requirements for my new fish:
- Will be okay in the size tank have
- Get on with all tank mates
- Swim in the open water, confident
- Nice looking (since it will be on display)

Anyone have any suggestions a wrasse has been my idea, or maybe adding a couple of chromis to encourage the original one out? Any other suggestions? Also hopefully this fish may encourage the other fish to come out of hiding.
Thanks for your time.

Here is a photo of the tank:

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks. Do you have any suggestion for a specific wrasse, or just in general?
yellow coris wrasse is my only suggestion as it’s the only wrasse i’ve had. used to have a pygmy yellow banded wrasse but it died since it only ate pods

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you give me an idea on dimensions (Floor Space as well as Height) I can give you ideas for the wrasses.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is the melanurus wrasse - most wrasses will need a deeper sand bed with a grain size that's not too big, as they bury themselves in the sand at night. Mine has about 3-4" and that seems to have worked out just right for my wrasse. I will say though, he hangs more around the bottom half of the tank/rocks.

I would have a few suggestions for you:

Yellow coris wrasse (active swimmers, all over the place)
Tomini tang
Dwarf angelfish (I'm partial to lemonpeel angels but they can be coral nippers... flame angels or maybe a coral beauty or bicolor might be a safer bet as far as "reef safe" goes. Angelfish are a mixed bag.)
Striped fang blenny (just got one of these - he's strikingly bright and beautiful, an active middle/upper water swimmer, and not shy at all. Very peaceful!)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back