M

MrWhippy619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADF98962-7EE3-463C-9E37-170BBA556E3C.jpeg

(Note this isn’t my final scape Iv just thrown everything in during the cycle) So the white rock on the right was sold to me as cured live rock from my lfs but as you can see there’s not much colour to it! and the purple is the caribsea life rock

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADF98962-7EE3-463C-9E37-170BBA556E3C.jpeg

(Note this isn’t my final scape Iv just thrown everything in during the cycle) So the white rock on the right was sold to me as cured live rock from my lfs but as you can see there’s not much colour to it! and the purple is the caribsea life rock
Yeah your 'cured' rock defo does not look like they have much color.

I think first step regardless is to test your ammonia test kit. Can you get a gallon of water (fresh is fine) and test ammonia. Then add two drops of ammonium chloride, give it a good swirl and an hour, then test again. Then add another two drops to that same water, then test again after an hour?

That should yield 0, 1, and 2ppm ammonia respectively. It's just a test if the ammonia test kit is working properly. Of course there may be ammonia in the water to begin with, but well, that's also good to know lol.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back