Controller Data Storage and Notifications

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm currently looking into controllers and comparing the various manufactures. Mainly Neptune Systems Apex and GHL Profilux. I've read through information on both and what I'm not 100% clear on is how the interfaces operate between the boxes and the outside world. I'm looking for input on if my understanding is correct, along with some questions.

Apex:
  • No PC software. You access the device through the cloud or directly though your browser.
  • The device is dependent upon the cloud for notifications and data storage? If the cloud or your internet is down, does the device store the readings then upload them once the cloud is restored? Can you download your data from the cloud?
Profilux:
  • Has PC software. You access the device through the cloud or the software.
  • The device stores data on your PC and the cloud?
  • Notifications are sent from your PC and the cloud? If the cloud is down, notifications would still come through from your PC?
Thanks

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#apexusers
#profiluxusers
#ghlusers

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No if the Internet is down you are able to access the APEX directly through your router. It does have its own web interface. You do not need the cloud to do anything with it

Is it possible say for example to hook up your PC directly to the APEX are you suggesting that. I don’t know that, but as a former IT , if you know the IP. Address or the name of the APEX you could

Hope this answer that question

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No if the Internet is down you are able to access the APEX directly through your router.
Is it storing any data? Or can you only see real time data?

My question is the historical/trend data only stored on the cloud? And if so, are you able to download that data? Also, if the internet or cloud does go down does the device store any data then upload it to the cloud once the connection is restored? Or is there just a gap in the data?

Understand that all of the settings are stored on the device and you can access that via your web browser when the internet is down.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the GHL P4,

You can access through the cloud, through the local web interface on the device, through the app through the cloud or through the app direct to unit and last the Pc software via a USB connection or IP addrsss. The PC software is required for some of the functions still not ported over to the web or app.

You can store data on the device, in the cloud or on your PC.

I can not answer what happens if the cloud is down can it text or email you? I think the answe is no, but if you do need this option they have a true sms alert gateway that is cellaur connection for alerting. (You may want to check with them as it depends on the carriers in your region)

Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not answer what happens if the cloud is down can it text or email you? I think the answe is no, but if you do need this option they have a true sms alert gateway that is cellaur connection for alerting. (You may want to check with them as it depends on the carriers in your region)

Hope this helps :)
This is the main question I have. There is a webserver and email client. Is the email client on the device? I'm specifically looking at a 3.1T.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it storing any data? Or can you only see real time data?

My question is the historical/trend data only stored on the cloud? And if so, are you able to download that data? Also, if the internet or cloud does go down does the device store any data then upload it to the cloud once the connection is restored? Or is there just a gap in the data?

Understand that all of the settings are stored on the device and you can access that via your web browser when the internet is down.

I just checked and Yes it definitely does store data. Just asking don’t bite my head off, have you asked the company’s theses questions directly
Neptune Systems has a forum as well

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex has multiple internal data logs that you can access. I've never taken advantage of this personally, but you can vary some of the parameters and get data for a specific range. Not sure how long it keeps the data or if/how you might import this data into a spreadsheet or other app.

http://[apex local ip address]/cgi-bin/datalog.xml?sdate=180701&days=7

http://[apex local ip address]/cgi-bin/outlog.xml?sdate=180701&days=7

http://[apex local ip address]/cgi-bin/program.xml

http://[apex local ip address]/cgi-bin/status.xml

http://[apex local ip address]/syslog.txt

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked and Yes it definitely does store data. Just asking don’t bite my head off, have you asked the company’s theses questions directly
Neptune Systems has a forum as well
Thank you for checking. Not biting any heads off.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it looks like both devices can send notifications directly. The GHL can also send them from the PC software.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back