Converting Outlet in Laundry Room to Accommodate RO pump

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a little guidance if you please. I'm transferring my RO/DI with electric pump to the laundry room but just discovered that I have a single outlet behind the washer and a single behind the dryer. Can I convert one of those into a double and if so which one preferably? Also noticed that outlet appears to be 20 AMP.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a little guidance if you please. I'm transferring my RO/DI with electric pump to the laundry room but just discovered that I have a single outlet behind the washer and a single behind the dryer. Can I convert one of those into a double and if so which one preferably? Also noticed that outlet appears to be 20 AMP.

Post a photo of the outlets please

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 options - #1) add a new 120v outlet (either you or an electrician) #2 Just add a power strip to the plug outlet your washer is on. RODI units (pumps) do not draw alot of power.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a little guidance if you please. I'm transferring my RO/DI with electric pump to the laundry room but just discovered that I have a single outlet behind the washer and a single behind the dryer. Can I convert one of those into a double and if so which one preferably? Also noticed that outlet appears to be 20 AMP
The dryer outlet is 230v.
Use the washer, maybe use a power strip to test.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flyfisher2 - if the plug for the electric pump is a normal 3-prong, you can easily use a double-tap converter on the non-dryer outlet.

The surge protector would be the cheapest and easiest route. If you really want the dedicated plug you can swap it though

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to go with a tap or surge protector and care to go the route of swapping the receptacle, I'd convert whichever one is going to be easier for you to use with the location of your booster pump

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to go with a tap or surge protector and care to go the route of swapping the receptacle, I'd convert whichever one is going to be easier for you to use with the location of your booster pump
Just remember don't try to convert the dryer outlet (big one)

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry bad pic. I'm referring to the one with the plug in it at the bottom

I knew that but I wanted to play along. Plus the extra turbo joke for your soon you be turbo charged DI!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back