Cool fish for a 10g nano cube?

Rawsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I am looking for ideas to stock my 10g nano cube. The tank is still cycling but I would like to start gathering my ideas!

it is going to be a bare bottom reef with mostly zoas, rfas and mushrooms.

I was thinking I wanted a tail spot Blenny for sure, it’s really the only fish that I actually fell in love with when I saw . So I can’t wait to get one of these little guys.

As far as good companions? I was thinking 2-3 fish tops, preferably utilitarians but not necessary especially if they are cool looking/ cool personality.

Thanks everyone!

4FB632D1-67D6-4E4C-A8A8-CF325FCE02F5.jpeg 7D519CDC-8D53-40B1-9153-F893425729BF.jpeg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you went barebottom, that kind of leaves out a lot of the ‘nano’ fish. You could try a clown goby (yellow, green, citron, or black), an orchid dottyback, neon goby, a banggai or pajama Cardinal, or a firefish (for most of these you’d need some sort of lid, as most nano fish are notorious for jumping). If you added sand you could do a watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo which are always great choices for a tank this size. You could probably squeeze in a pair of clowns, but it’d be pushing the limits (especially once they reach maturity).

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Since you went barebottom, that kind of leaves out a lot of the ‘nano’ fish. You could try a clown goby (yellow, green, citron, or black), an orchid dottyback, neon goby, a banggai or pajama Cardinal, or a firefish (for most of these you’d need some sort of lid, as most nano fish are notorious for jumping). If you added sand you could do a watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo which are always great choices for a tank this size. You could probably squeeze in a pair of clowns, but it’d be pushing the limits (especially once they reach maturity).
personally, if he were to go with a shrimp/goby pair - he would benefit greatly from sand.

BB tanks are not my forte - but if you look on live aquaria's website in their "nano-fish" section, you can definitely get some ideas.

a nice utilitarian fish i'd recommend is a court jester goby. hard little worker this is, eating hair algae like a champ!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 135 60.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.0%
Back