Cooling a 6 gallon Nano???

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Recognize that shape? Both of these chillers use piezo electrics.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, I LOVE THIS IDEA. I can keep a mini fridge in my office, But yeah the issue of frozen line, which i think combined with the cooling fan can work as a fail safe and may be the water never stops circulating, Its just a slow drip loop thru the coil using a tiny micro pump. THINKING HAT is ON.
Does not sound like a solution you would want, but years ago (when I was using halide light on a 20g tank in my office) I had to find a way to cool it. I ended up using 1/4" hose ran from the tank to my mini fridge and a big coil in the refrigerator section of the mini fridge and back to the tank(putting it in the freezer section required much smaller coil... but also froze the line when it was not circulating).

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, may have sandwiches the in the housing. Looks like this is a ready made solution, that along with Fan Cooling should help the Nano I believe.

Recognize that shape? Both of these chillers use piezo electrics.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the IDEAS everyone. So far Soo good.

Chiller, Fan, Fans, Line thru Mini Refrigerator, Peltier. But then I think a combination should help maintain the temp in the tank as this Nano, is more of a softie tank with few inhabitant, the temp swing may be there, but the idea is to minimize the swing.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized I was calling it a piezo not a peltier. My brain must be mush from lack of sleep. Your fish would be ticked if you installed a piezo electric in your tank lol

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha. I just saw that too in your earlier msg. LOL, the tank mates sure will be ticked.
I just realized I was calling it a piezo not a peltier. My brain must be mush from lack of sleep. Your fish would be ticked if you installed a piezo electric in your tank lol

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dark_Knightt ,The 2 clown fish in have in my 50G, hand around the overflow and don't move anywhere. Quiet frankly these tank raised clownfish host nothing. So thought to move them here and get wild caught ones for my tank. It doesn't matter about the fish selection rite now, that was just a thought. it can be a fire fish or another goby vs. clowns. Im more worried about the temperature maintenance aspect of it now,

If I cant arrive at a COST EFFECTIVE solution that will work, then there is no NANO tank.
How big are the clowns?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back