cooling fans

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to add some cooling fan to my tank and sump what should i use was looking at the tunze one need some thing that mounts on the side of the tank due to the lights any help?
thanks jeremy
 
Look into the "Clip on" fans from any Lowes or Menards or Home Depot. They work very nice and are very quite!! I have 2 on my 220 with 3-400 watters and NO heat problems!! They are almost all plastic and you can clean them in the sink!! (Must dry out BEFORE plugging back in though!!) I'm very happy with mine and has lasted for almost 2yrs now!! I run mine on a timer so they only run when the MH come on!! They are 6" and the clip on clamp is very sturdy
Dave
 
I am with Dave... 3 x 400 watt halides and my tank never gets over 80. Just have 2 clip on fans controlled by an apex. I have a floating canopy and that helps some.
 
I have two 120mm compute rfans in my canopy and the above clip on over my sump and never get over 81 with 2x250w MH and 2x140w VHO in Phoenix, I sold my chiller they work so well. Just be prepared for evaporation, a ATO is almost a must.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new