CoolKid's 34G

CoolKid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a used 34g all in one a few days ago. It was a mess when I first got it but I cleaned it up and added some sand and water to it. It's still a little cloudy. My dry rock should come in today, as well as some ammonia and some Bio-Spira so I can begin cycling it today. Also, if anyone knows how to work this timer, that would be greatly I can't seem to figure it out.
20190412_085653.jpg
TankWithSand15Apr2019.jpg
TimerDial.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool biocube :) Excited to follow along for its progression :)
I'm not 100% Positive, but if it works like traditional timers, you push the tabs down for the time you want the lights on, and up for the time you want the lights off, and it works on a 24 hour time frame, so 12 would be noon, 13 would be 1pm 14 -2pm ect...And the arrow without the tail gets pointed to the current time. Not sure what the switch in the center is for, if that's simply an on off button. Hopefully someone with more experience with biocubes will chime in :)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with that particular tank or timer but like crabs said set your current time by rotating dial around to match the black mark (YELLOW arrow) the little black tabs around the circumference (BLUE arrow) would be used to control on-off cycle, you need to slide all of them in or out too match time frame you prefer for lights on or off.. not sure about switch (RED arrow) guessing it’s a manual on/off switch

C938C445-C4C8-4BE8-A6F2-A64681A2A869.jpeg

OP
OP
C

CoolKid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help guys. After lots of trying to get the timer to work, I finally realized the light isn't the same one that originally comes with the system and has it's own built in timer. So now I need to take apart the lid and disconnect it from the other timer. However I put the dry rock in and began cycling a few days ago. My ammonia hit 0 today, but my Nitrites are still sky high. Do I redose ammonia now or do I wait until the Nitrites hit 0 too?
20190419_100314.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back