Coral health

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefndude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
563
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm looking for some help. About a month or two ago I lost all my fish. Since losing all my fish my corals have began to suffer. I do not plan on adding any fish to the system in the near future for various reasons.
I know my system is now nutrient deficient. Zoas are barely opening and sps have very little to no pe. Some of the sps have paled, some have browned, and some have held color for the most part. I pulled gfo, skimmer is still running, and I have continued to carbon dose. Would dosing aminos, or nitrates help with coral health. Are corals missing something else from lack of fish? What can I do to get corals back to health?
 
I would taper off the carbon.
Do you have values for N and P?
Personally I like Acropower and Spongepower.
Seems counter productive to dose Nitrates and still dose carbons.
What lighting do you have?
Without knowing the N and P it's hard to assume you're corals are suffering for that reason.
All other chemistry issues have been ruled out?

A lot of questions but a lot of variables come into question.
 
Nitrates are reading 0. Phosphates read .05 last time I checked. That was before I lost my fish.
Lighting is 6 bulb sunpower
All other parameters are still in check
 
Salinity. 35
Calcium 400
Alk 7.8
Mag 1500
Temp. 80.6
Ph 8.08
Lights full power 6 hrs.
Dusk dawn 12 hrs.
Will test parameters again tonight.
Any other info needed?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new