Coral help

  • Thread starter Thread starter nmapes7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nmapes7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Calif
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help with what this coral is called? We had it in our tank about 2 weeks and all of a sudden its turning pale/whiteish. I asked LFS and he said put closer to the light. Any tips or ideas?
10882308_10152867249131329_5469423409205488278_n.jpg
 
Can't see the pic too clearly on my phone, but looks to be SPS. I like the colour, should look nice once it colours up properly!
Has it coloured up at all since moving it up? Turning white/pale is bleaching. It can be caused by an off parameter or too much light. SPS usually go brown when they don't get enough light.
With all that said, I don't have a great deal of experience with SPS, if it even is SPS lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new