Coral Name Origins

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna know the origins of some named corals. If you know the origins of certain named corals, post them below.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Almost all of them are from the person that slapped their name on it to sell them for more.

ORA, Tyree, Jason Fox, Leng Sy, GARF, WWC, Tidal Gardens, etc etc etc...the list never ends. I only count OG corals that were named 15-20 years ago to be true lineage stuff these days.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine it goes something like this: "Brooooo what about Ultra Sunspot Sky-Hickies?"
smoke GIF

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todd's Torch

A particular torch that was in the possession of Dr. Todd Whitman who hailed from the Rochester, NY area, briefly did residency in Vermont. I was there at the parting out of his 90 gallon. I think I bought a brain and a blasto. At the time I don't remember much hoopla about his torch or even if he had it still in his Vermont tank.

glency

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m certain all vendor names are created by potheads. Gotta be. Makes me cringe.
Todd's Torch

A particular torch that was in the possession of Dr. Todd Whitman who hailed from the Rochester, NY area, briefly did residency in Vermont. I was there at the parting out of his 90 gallon. I think I bought abrain and a blasto. At the time I don't remember much hoopla about his torch or even if he had it still in his Vermont tank

Back